Search for content in message boards

Social Security bebefits PLEASE HELP WITH THIS QUESTION

Social Security bebefits PLEASE HELP WITH THIS QUESTION

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 7:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
I wanted to know if anyone knows if they wasable to get Social security benefits without a birth records in 1960. the reason is that My grandfather was born in 1897 or 1903 and i want to order a copy of the birth records. Just wanted to know if he would have a birth records if he received social security benefits. Please response ASAP

Re: Social Security bebefits PLEASE HELP WITH THIS QUESTION

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 4:26AM GMT
I believe they had to give some kind of proof - an application for life insurance on which DOB was stated; a census record; a delayed birth certificate (I think many people filed delayed birth certificates for SS purposes. They're often not kept with the regular birth certificates.

Might your grandfather's DOB appear on a World War I draft record, if he was in the US by that time?

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 4:34AM GMT
He was born in Mississippi. Were would i be able to search the ww1 Regidtration. I dont know if he was in the WW1 or not. Would all men back then was made to registered.

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 12:13AM GMT
If you're using Ancestry, then you have access to the World War I Draft Registrations.

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 3:40AM GMT
Was all men drafted for the WW1 back then? Was this a Mandatory process for all mens?

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 3:27AM GMT
See http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=6482 and check the "About" area (underneath the search boxes) for more information on these records.

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 12:05PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2013 12:08PM GMT
To add to the responses, Yes, all men of eligible age registered for the draft in World War I. When the draft began, all males aged 21 to 30 were required to register. Then in August 1918 Congress expanded the age range to include all men 18 to 45. Your library probably has a subscription to Ancestry.com if that helps. Alternately, if you ask the forum to look up your grandfather's registration for you, someone can do that, but would need his name. If you can add the place where he lived, his spouse or parents, that would help the forum find him in the draft rolls. If he was born as late as 1903, he was too young. Hope this helps.

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 2:18PM GMT
Thanks a lot he was born either 1897 or 1903

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 11:42PM GMT
As falsterden says, if you ask the forum to look up your grandfather's registration for you, someone can do that, but WE WOULD NEED HIS NAME. If you can add the place where he lived, his spouse or parents, that would help.

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 1:07AM GMT
hIS NAME WAS Willie Davis born In Mississippi in 1897 or 1903. Not sure of the year. I think mom name is Sarah Davis and Dad name is Ananias Davis. HIs wife NAMES WAS Leila Harris, Roselett Hill, Mrytle Gay, Porter Lee Davis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic