Search for content in message boards

Nykänen

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 3:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nykänen
My Finnish grandmother, Aino Nykänen, had four sisters, coming from Haukipudas, Finland. Her sister, Tilma, immigrated to the U.S. and, according to my mother, married "a drunken Swede" named Ray. I have no idea what his last name was. I realize this is just a shot in the dark to expect anybody to make the connection.
Also, their parents were Alexander Nykänen (1870-1909) and Alma Kirjavainen (1870-1910). Both died fairly young, apparently in or near Haukipudas. Does anybody have any suggestions on finding anything more about them. I have a cousin that lives in Oulu, but he apparently doesn't know any more than I do about this family.

Re: Nykänen

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 5:55PM GMT
Tilma Aliina (b. 1899) got passport 1922 and travelled 30.7.1923 from Finland to Chicago. Aino (b. 1890) got passport 1915. From pay-sites and archives it is possible to find what ever you like. Older family data is open:
http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/kirjat/Kirkonkirjat/haukipud...

Re: Nykänen

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 6:17PM GMT
Thank you for your reply so quickly. I had found the immigration information for both Aino and Tilma. I'll look at the other link. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions