Search for content in message boards

Cemetery records of Shiloh Cem.

Cemetery records of Shiloh Cem.

Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Brumley, Hutchinson
I am a ggg grand daughter of Jesse Brumley,b-9 July 1820-TN,m-12 Mar 1838, d-30 May 1905-Sabine Parish, LA, and Sarah Sallie Hutchinson, b-17 Mar 1820-TN, d-15 Jan 1882-Union Parish, buried Shiloh Cem. Does anyone have a listing for the Shiloh Cem? Would like to hear from any relatives that might be in this area. We don't know why she was buried there unless there were relatives living in the area.Thanks for any help. Grace B. Foster

Shiloh Cem

Edna Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brumley, Hutchinson
I have two different listings of Shiloh Cem. but have not found either of the above listed names on either list.
One survey was made 30 Nov 1975, the other one 15 Oct. 1956.
I even checked to see if there was a stone listing Sarah's name and date but with a different last name, thinking that she might have been married again. Zero. Sorry

Shiloh Cemetery

Lee Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
If you go to "Additional Union Parish Archives" on this website, there is a membership list for Shiloh Baptist Church. The Cemetery is adjacent to the Church. In the Clayton Library in Houston there is a book with censuses from numerous Union Parish Cemeteries, Shiloh included. What are you looking for?

Re: Shiloh Cem

Posted: 2 Apr 2004 10:18AM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2006 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Stivers, Oaks, Swim, Collins, McLelland, Pittman, McIntire, Bright, White, Martin, Sutton, Gipson amoung others
Dear Edna,

Hi, I dont know you, but I know that you are the sister to Vivian Beatrice McCuller Oaks. Aunt Bea married my Uncle Sherman Oaks. If you have a listing for Shiloh Cemetery, I was wondering if you might help me find my great Aunt Eliza McNeill. She changed her name to Blanch Louise but her birth name was Eliza Jane Oaks. She had 3 marriages; Fox, Basham, and when she died in abt. 1950 in a car wreck on Hwy 2 between Farmerville and Bernice, she was married to a Joe McNeill. She died in front of Wess Bowen's home. If you can help me please contact me...Thank you so much...Sally

Posted: 2 Apr 2004 10:18AM GMT
Surnames: Stivers, Oaks, Swim, Collins, McLelland, Pittman, McIntire, Bright, White, Martin,Gann, Sutton, Gipson amoung others
Dear Edna,

Hi, I dont know you, but I know that you are the sister to Vivian Beatrice McCuller Oaks. Aunt Bea married my Uncle Sherman Oaks. If you have a listing for Shiloh Cemetery, I was wondering if you might help me find my great Aunt Eliza McNeill. She changed her name to Blanch Louise but her birth name was Eliza Jane Oaks. She had 3 marriages; Fox, Basham, and when she died in abt. 1950 in a car wreck on Hwy 2 between Farmerville and Bernice, she was married to a Joe McNeill. She died in front of Wess Bowen's home. If you can help me please contact me...Thank you so much...Sally

Posted: 2 Apr 2004 10:19AM GMT
Surnames: Stivers, Oaks, Swim, Collins, McLelland, Pittman, McIntire, Bright, White, Martin,Gann, Sutton, Gipson amoung others
Dear Edna,

Hi, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you, but I know that you are the sister to Vivian Beatrice McCuller Oaks and grew up in Bernice. Aunt Bea married my Uncle Sherman Oaks. If you have a listing for Shiloh Cemetery, I was wondering if you might help me find my great Aunt Eliza McNeill. She changed her name to Blanch Louise but her birth name was Eliza Jane Oaks. She had 3 marriages; Fox, Basham, and when she died in abt. 1950 in a car wreck on Hwy 2 between Farmerville and Bernice, she was married to a Joe McNeill. She died in front of Wess Bowen's home. If you can help me please contact me...Thank you so much...Sally

Re: Shiloh Cemetery

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 10:06PM GMT
I noticed your post.

I have information that my gg-grandddaddy's (John B. L. Mitchell) gravestone has completely washed out and that he's currently misidentified. He's buried next to his wife Lucinda Autrey Mitchell so the grave should be relatively easy to locate. I have tried to make local contact to see about replacing the stone in Shiloh Cemetery, but with no success. As one Mitchell to another, any ideas on how I might proceed?

Thanks, Phillip Lee Mitchell

Posted: 28 Dec 2010 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: Mayes, Laramore
I am looking for my family: Joseph Robert Mayes Born 1857 in Union Parrish, LA. His father was: Rev. Isaac Curtis Mayes Born 10 July 1807 Oglethrope, GA. Isaac bought land in Quachita, LA (40+ acreas) on 01 September 1849. Joseph married Laura Ann Laramore, Born: 1859 in Johnson Co Texas, had one child, Hettie Mayes in that Johnson County of Texas, then came back to LA where his other two girls, Bobbie & Holland Mayes were born in 1884 and 1885 respectfully. Then, I do not know what happened to the couple as all there girls had to live in Johnson County, Texas with three different Laramore family until they married.I am looking for any records in Union Parrish of any of the family. My take is that the parents died..but how did they die and was it LA or Texas?? Can anyone help in this mystery?? Are there any records of "Mayes" in the Shiloh Cemetery?Are there any Census Records of Mayes in this time period? By the way, Joseph's dad, the Reverand Isaac Curtis Mayes did go to Johnson County, Texas where he died but I can't find his grave there.Can anyone help?

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 6:29PM GMT
Yes I live on the land at laramore cemetary and where all the Laramores are buried along with there relatives.There are no Mayes buried in this cem. For I know all about this place and alll the names in there. I go to this cem. 3 times a day and walk with my dogs plus it is located on my land. in Alvarado, Texas. You may also call me at 817)600-0376
per page

Find a board about a specific topic