Search for content in message boards

Hanna Mary & Mary Theresa McCormack

Hanna Mary & Mary Theresa McCormack

: Theresa (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2006 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2006 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: mac cormack, McCormack, McCormick
Please someone must have heard of my Mac /Mc cormacks/mac /mc Cormicks..Two sisters left Donegal Ireland shores to go to USA their names where Hanna Mary and Anne Theresa though they may have change them when they reached the USA>aged 15/17
their parents were called Sammuel and Catherine ( chose any of the spellings for Mac Cormack) . One of the last messages home was a telegram from a Whyte(not sure if the spelling is correct ) Post Offive Bronx.
Both their parents died within 5 years of them leaving "the hills of Donegal" leaving the 9 younger children to fend for themselves. I The uncles in USA were called Peter and Ralph also Mac Cormacks .The two girls worked for them or where given beds for awhile with their families. I have been told that some of them may have came back to Ireland perhaps 10/20 years ago but didnt really find any of the family
they may have visited Trusk and Meencarragh Townlands.Please can anyone help . It is a dream ,wish ,and desire to trace the missing link of the family. Thankyou Theresa Higgins

Re: Hanna Mary & Mary Theresa McCormack

Posted: 5 Jul 2006 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 12:09PM GMT
When were any of these people born, married, or died?

Regards,
Sharyn

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 1:01PM GMT
Have a Han and Anna from Thurles Ireland, mother's maiden name Johanna Ahern, Anna became an ursline nun bronx, ny. 1903. brother richard, sisters nell, molly & margaret also migrated and lived in nyc.

Posted: 2 Jul 2009 7:12PM GMT
Hello Sharyn
thank you for your questions
They were born in Co Donegal
both sisters married
Annie to a Patrick Kelly and
Hanna to a Monty OSullivan
I have since learned that they used an address as
Bedford Avenue Brooklyn when they first arrived in USA.
Can you please help or point me in any direction.
Many thanks
Theresa

Posted: 2 Jul 2009 7:16PM GMT
Hello Mamadutch45
Thankyou for your reply but my people all came from Donegal.
Sorry i cant help you with Thurles as i know very little about the place.
Thankyou
Theresa

Posted: 24 Nov 2011 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: McCormack
Hi Cousin Theresa, your a jem & I hope you get your dream! Will try help more. Just know your Man & my Dad are watching down & are very proud of you. Even if you find them I hope I'm still your favorite cousin as U r mine xx

Posted: 4 Dec 2011 7:08PM GMT
Hello Brian,
So good to hear from my no.1 cousin!
We have still a long way to go yet..still hitting that brick wall.So glad you are still hunting for them
Theresa x

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 6:58PM GMT
Try this site. http://www.fultonhistory.com It's an archived newspaper website for the New York area. I have found so much info regarding my husband's family. We only knew the names of his father's sisters that emigrated to US from Limerick and have managed to find their married names, found them on censuses, found children's births, marriages, announcements and all sorts of other info that has enabled me to piece together a family we knew nothing about. Even managed to find a photo of one of my husband's uncles, whom he never knew. My net is closing in on the descendants! When you search, put the name in inverted commas. Kind regards, Julie x
per page

Find a board about a specific topic