Search for content in message boards

Jacob Oberkirsh

Jacob Oberkirsh

Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2003 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Oberkirsh, Overcarsh, Overcash
I am looking for decendants of Jacob Oberkirsh, Whom with his brother Michael, Emigrated to the U.S. in 1742 aboard the Paliena and Margaret. They landed in Philadelphia, Pa. and settled in Lancaster Co. Pa. Jacob later moved his family to Rowan County North Carolina.
I have alot of info that I would be willing to share or exchange

descendants of jacob oberkirsh

ann overcash brown (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: oberkirsh, overcash
i grew up in rowan co, nc and am a descendant of jacob oberkirsh-my g'mother and g'father were both descendants-g g fathers were bros-so i have a lot of
overcash ancestry that descends from jacob. he couldn't have stayed in lancaster co very long. the earliest info i have is passenger lists and charter membership at organ lutheran church in rowan co as well as a land grant for supplying food to the rev army-this was gathered by my father's cousin for DAR membership over 40-50 yrs ago-would like to find info showing specific village family came from in germany so i could visit there someday or continue research there-i'd like to share/compare info-thanks!

error in 1st response

Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: overcash

sorry-my ancestor's name who came to rowan couny in
mid 1700's was franz, not jacob-prob some relationship because there are a lot of jacob's in my ancestry-still willing to share research-thanks!

francis-son of jacob?

Posted: 5 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT

francis was born in pa(lancaster co, i think)
before 1755. was he the son of jacob?

Re: descendants of jacob oberkirsh

Eric Overcash (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 6:48PM GMT
Hi, I am also a decsendent of jacob oberkirsh, my father grew up in Kannapolis, his father was Floyd Overcash.
My aunt as put together a book on the Overcash since immigration in 1682.

ann brown (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: oberkirch
Do you know where i can get a copy of the book? My latest discovery indicates that Francis was not a son of Jacob but also a german immigrant.

Re: Jacob Oberkirsh

Posted: 8 Mar 2002 4:23PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2002 9:24PM GMT
Mr. Overcash:

I am trying to make the Overcash, Overcast connection. I am decendent of George Overcash (or Overcast as it was , his son William Smith Overcast is the line I trickle out of.

Can you provide me with information on Jacob Oberkirsh (his descedents) so that I can compare and see if I should be searching this line as a possible connection?

Any information you may have is welcome.

Thank you.
Leah Hoins

Levon Martin (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2002 12:31AM GMT
HI,

Did you ever get information on the Overcash book from Eric? I just happened to see this message. Eric is my cousin and it is my mother who has put the book information together.

jess overcash (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2003 6:29AM GMT
i have a copy of this book that you're wondering about.... i would be happy to copy it for you, it's rather outdated though, being compiled in the early/mid 80's. email me and let me know :)

-jess

Posted: 25 Mar 2003 2:42AM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2003 4:18AM GMT
Thanks Jessica! Please send me your e-mail and I'll send my address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic