Search for content in message boards

DESCENDANTS OF HUGH CRAIG

DESCENDANTS OF HUGH CRAIG

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRAIG, TROTTI, and HANNA
Abt. 1760 Hugh Craig, of County Down,Ir., moved his family to Virginia, where he was instrumental in the organization of Chesterfield Co., Va. Hugh had three sons,John, James, and Alexander. The three brothers relocated to South Carolina to an area that is now Chesterfield.
(John m. Sarah Chapman of Va.)

Other Craig names in my family:
William Evans Craig (m.Margaret Parke)
Thomas P. Craig
John A. Craig
Eliza J. Craig
William "Billie" Duke Craig
William Hanna Craig
Cora Craig
Will Craig
Eunice Craig
Lesesene Craig
Madge Craig
Mary Craig
ETC......

Anyone related to this line of Craigs??

Re: DESCENDANTS OF HUGH CRAIG

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 8:04AM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG, CRAIGE, CRAGG
If Hugh had a brother John, then we might have a connection. My John Craig was born around 1760 down your way and ended up as a Loyalist soldier in the 84th Regiment in 1782/83 and settled up here in New Brunswick, Canada afer the Revolutionary War. I have good data on him from that point onward. Hope to hear from you further.
CAL CRAIG,
Bonny River,
New Brunswick.
craigcb1104@hotmail.com

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 9:25AM GMT
John, The son of Hugh served in the Revolutionary War.
(He was born 01/17/1755)

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG, CRAIGE, CRAGG
Re: Query - gmorton90

When was John CRAIG (son of Hugh) married to Sarah Chapman of Virginia? Did they remain in the United States??
My John married a "Sarah". We thought her name was "Smith" but were never l00% sure.
If they lived down there, and died down there, it is NOT my John!
Hope to hear from you,\
Cal Craig craigcb1104@hotmail.com

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Craig, Trotti, Hanna
Cal,
John married Sarah Chapman (daughter of James Chapman) on Feb. 22, 1797. They were in SC, built a home that is still in our family. Can send a picture of the old home, and of it as it was about 15 yrs. ago. My brother now owns the home and has done alot of updating...it is still within the historical society guidelines.
I am not sure at this moment, if they remained here, will have to get my notes out, but will find them. For some reason, I think they moved to Penn. or Texas...but not sure, so until I round up the info. don't take that to the bank.
Ginger

Posted: 6 Aug 2008 8:40PM GMT
Hi Ginger,
I am a relative of yours and I am trying to call you. I got your number from the Chesterfield history and archives. My relative is the son of John Craig and Sarah Craig, John H. Craig. It is H and not A. I believe. I will try to call you again.
Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic