Search for content in message boards

Flesche and Lerum Families at Spring Prairie Church

Flesche and Lerum Families at Spring Prairie Church

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 6:18AM GMT
Surnames: Erik Lerum, Anders Lerum, Erik Flesche, Ole Flesche
Erik and Ole Olsen Flesche were brothers who settled in Columbia Co. WI. They attended the Spring Prairie Church there and Erik is mentioned as a founder of the church.
I'm trying to locate descendants of this family. I have a great deal of information, but am lacking some of the details of the children and grandchildren.
Erik's wife was Sigrid Pedersdatter Lee. Ole's wife was Synneva Botolfsdatter Holum.
Erik and Sigrid's daughter Anna married an Anders Lerum and their daughter Sigrid married Erik Lerum. When Sigrid died Erik Lerum married her sister Ingeborg. Some of the children may have remained in Wisconsin. Any one know of these families?
Jackie Lee Ranby

Re: Flesche and Lerum Families at Spring Prairie Church

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 10:25PM GMT
I believe my husband is related to the Lerum you are looking for. He is from the Keyeser area which is where Spring Prairie is located. I believe he is decendants of the ones you are looking for. His Grandfather was Christ Lerum who was married to Bessy Anfinson. His father was Clarence the brothers were Sanford and William. I believe his Gr Grandparents were Solomon and Ann(Lee) Lerum. There was a tie to a Grove and maybe a Berge. I am just starting to search for his family.
Darlene

Posted: 6 May 2010 2:44AM GMT
Bingo. We're relatives! Email me at llberghoff@aol.com for more info. My grandmother's mom was Ella Lerum. I live in Minnesota.

Posted: 24 May 2010 6:33PM GMT
Could this Family belong to Dennis Lerum of Rio?

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Lerum, Semonson, Rodberg, Staveness, Kolaskey
Is Spring Prairie in Columbia Co. or Dane Co.? I saw on the internet a Ole M. Lerum b.6-16-1883 at Spring Prairie, Dane Co., Wi. His parents were Andrew Lerum and Anna Flesche. I kept that info in case we were related to them. I think it was off the LDS site. I was in the process of researching for info on the Ole and Sina M.(Lerum) Semonson family from Rio, Columbia Co., Wi. Are you related to her? Their children were Simon, Ida, Anna Marie (my husband's anestor), Cora, Tilda, Albert, and Katie(?)(though the index says this was an infant son not dau. so it might not be Katie since it was hard to see on the census record.) Are you related to my Anna Marie (Semonson) Rodberg? I can't seem to get beyond Ole or Sina since I don't know their fathers' names. One relative said Sina's father was Otto Lerum but haven't found proof of that. Email me at kolaskey@toast.net Thanks, Diane Kolaskey

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 1:54PM GMT
The church and cemetery are in Columbia County. The cemetery is right next to the church. On the corner of County Road C and DM. The address is N509 County Road C

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 4:32AM GMT
Hi--the Spring Prairie Lutheran Church is located in Keyser, WI, which is in Columbia Co. WI. However, it is very close to the county line with Dane Co. Many of the families who attended Spring Prairie lived in Dane Co. Andrew & Anna (Flesche) Lerum did have a son named Ole Lerum & you have the right DOB, BUT he was born in Freeborn Co. MN. By 1875 the Lerums had moved to Freeborn Co.
Anders & Erik Lerum & their siblings came to WI. from Lyster, Sogn, Norway. Their parents were Eric Hanson Lerum, and wife Johanna Jonsdatter, and their records are in the Dale church in Sogn.
Your Lerum ancestor may have lived on the same farm, but I don't think they are related.
I will email you separately.

Posted: 12 May 2013 6:43PM GMT
Hei! Erik og Ole Flesche var bødrene til min tippoldefar Hans o.Flesche. De kom fra Balestrand i Sogn, Norge.
Kjenner ikke noe til familien i USA.

Posted: 31 May 2013 6:33AM GMT
Hi, I think I've corresponded with you before, are you Kiki? I can't tell exactly what you've written in Norwegian. I understand the words on church records, but am not conversant in Norwegian! Could you please reply in English? I think you descend from Hans Flesche, brothers of Ole and Erik.
Thanks!

Posted: 31 May 2013 11:03AM GMT
Hi.
I'm sorry i wrote in Norwegian. I hoped you had a translating program on your pc.My English is far from perfect!But i hope you understand.
I'm not Kiki. My name is Ragnhild Tveit.
I wrote that Ole and Erik Flesche were my great-grandfathers uncles.They tried to work as teatchers here in Sogn,but they could not live of the earnings,- therefor they emigrated to America.Norway was a very poor country than,and there were many children in the families.
They came from Balestrand(Balholm) - a beautiful little place in Sogn, West Norway, by the Sognefjord.
Many from my family are/were teatchers.In older days that included to be "church-singer"(before they got organs in the churches, and later cantor(or playing organ)
The brother of Ole and Erik,Hans O.Flesche were a very respected man in the community. Teatcher,bankman and he had a little farm!
We don't have many pictures from the 1800-hundreds, but one of Hans O. born in 1805. Also one of Hans H.(my great grandfather)with his wife Kristina and their 8 oldest children.They got 2 more!
Hans H. was a teatcher ++,Kristina midwife.
The little girl on her mothers knee is my grandmother Ragna(1884-1967)She married Olav Tveit.Surprise! he was a teather ,and maire(?)here. The picture from 1885
I'm a retired nurse,and lives in Leikanger,the nabouring "city"
I don't know much about the American Flesche family. so it was very fun too find this site.
Ragnhild Tveit, ragtveit@gmail.com
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions