Search for content in message boards

Location Place Numbers

Location Place Numbers

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
When there’s no image on which to check the full details, and you only know the following for example:

Birth: Date 1791 Location: (1667237), Huntingdonshire, England
Birth: Date 1619 Location: (1672042), Norfolk, England

I've put the actual numbers above in brackets to show what I mean.

Is there anywhere those numbers can be quickly checked to see what places they correspond with?

Many thanks.

Re: Location Place Numbers

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 6:25PM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2013 4:39PM GMT
Where are you getting these numbers?

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 2:57PM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2013 3:44PM GMT
They're in the Birth or Death Timeline where there's no Added Media, and many come from the Hints about a person on someone else's tree. I've noticed that where they occur in people I've found for myself I can go and look at the actual document. That will show the town or village, but I just wondered if there was a quicker way to find the location without having to look at each document. Especially, as I've found that the same numbers will show up for different people in the same family, so they obviously correspond to a place. Also, going back before the census began I've come across the number but, due it being so far back in time, there aren't any documents to look at.

UPDATE:
I've just been re-looking at the hints for some of these people and they seem to have updated with new information. So now I'm able to see where they were born, or died without problems. Thus please ignore my thread as I seem to answered my own questions, LOL But many thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 4:38PM GMT
Glad you got that figured out. :-)

per page

Find a board about a specific topic