Search for content in message boards

Curle family

Curle family

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Dec 2003 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: curle
Searching for relatives of Frank Curle and (?) MacPhail.
Had daughter, Elizabeth (Lizzie) Curle, born Apr 20/1900 @ Brandon Manitoba.

Any relative of yours?

Re: Curle family

Maureen Beardsley (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
So far the only "Frank" I can find was a Franklnad Curle born to R.E. Curle (my grandmother's brother) and Laura
Frankland Curle. No date of birth. He died in Stonewall Man. When Robert E Curle died he was 48 years 11 months and
19 years old. His wife Laura died in Burnaby B.C. in 1940.
She was born in 1865.
On 2nd of Sept 1914 Frankland Curle joined the 34th Fort Garry Horse so I assume he was in the first world war.Robert
and Laura had a daughter on 27 Dec 1893. They also had a son
but name not known on 18 Dec 1902 ...maybe Bert. The Military records for Canada may show a Frankland Curle and
by ordering his file you can get all his family information
such as address etc. The Curle's came from England to Canada but were of Scotch decent. R.E. and my grandmother,
Elizabeth Anne (known as Lizzie) were born in Mount Forest
Ont. where their father managed a hotel.
I don't know if this is of any help but please let me know
what you discover. Maureen

stephen curle (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 9:17AM GMT
Hi i read about the name frank curle i dont know if this is any help but i had an uncle named frank he was a twin brother of ernest curle from tasmania in australia i do know our family first came from england many years ago that i know of ernest was my grandfather he was in the first world war as was his brother frank i cant tell you how old they were when they were in the war i have photos of them together in egypt i hope it is some help to you. regards stephen curle

Maureen Beardsley (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 6:06PM GMT
Dear Stephen

Delighted to hear from you. I have just run into a Curle
cousin who has a lot more information than I do so will go
thru this with her. Thanks]
Maureen Beardsley

Barbara Hanson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2002 1:58AM GMT
Frank Curle's father happen to be Robert Curle whose wife was Dorothy Moodie?
He had a son Frank born about 1849 and that is all the info we have on him. We are also related to Curles from the Brandon area.
Please keep in touch.
Thank tou.
Barb Hanson

Posted: 7 Dec 2003 4:17AM GMT
This may be a 'possible'. My g.grandmother (Mary McPhail), married to a Frank Curle, died around 1950 in B.C.; she would have been in her 90's, so going back from there, there is a possibility they are related. Frank and Mary lived/farmed in Brandon & Dauphin Mb area before moving to Vancouver, B.C. in the 1910-15 time period, or perhaps a bit earlier. Mary had sisters - Nellie and Hannah and maybe a brother Pete McPhail.
Keep in touch.
Jan

Posted: 7 Dec 2003 4:19AM GMT
and also, Frank and Mary had a daughter, Lizzie, born in Dauphin, MB Apr 20 1900, I believe. Also, Ruth, Alice and Harold as other children.

Posted: 12 Apr 2010 7:03AM GMT
I just found this old Post by you about the Curle Family. I am the Oatway Family Genealogist and am building a worldwide Family Tree. Robert Curle 1818-1899 and Dorothy Moody 1818-1892 were my Greatx3 Grandparents. So we are cousins of some sort. I would like to find out more about the Curles, and will certainly share what I have. I do have photos including one of Elizabeth Evans, my Greatx2 Grandmother who married Robert's son William. I can be reached at steveoactor@yahoo.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions