Search for content in message boards

Harold L. Starks or Stark b. around 1912

Harold L. Starks or Stark b. around 1912

Posted: 21 Mar 2008 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather is listed on his marriage record as Harold L. Starks 33 in July 1945 . Last address was listed as Fortwayne , Indiana his father was listed as Charles. His marriage record was found in Gulfport Ms. family members are not certain of his middle name except they thought it was Louis since my dads name is Louis Harold Starks. Dad was born in Alabama so I'm not certain where to look for my Starks ties.

I have come to a major dead end on my Starks line. If any one can help this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Harold L. Starks or Stark b. around 1912

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: starks
My name is Adrianne Starks-Sims. My father is Lawrence E. Starks, Sr and he may be a son of Harold. I do not have the name of my paternal grandmother.

I was told that my family originated in Alabama (african american) and that my paternal grandfather was last know to live in Indiana.
On the marriage certificate what is the name of his wife?

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: starks, fields
my family of starks/fields was from perry alabama, if interested we can exchange information .

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 5:33PM GMT
I believe we may be related my line is african American and from Ala. I'm not home righ now to look at my notes, but do you know ANYTHING else about them. My grandfathes name was Joseph his father James his father I believe was Solomon, But Solomon had a lot of children. They originated from Ga.>Al>OH( my line) but I heard they went everywhere.
Kim

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: starks
we finally tracked down a copy of my fathers birth certificate. His father's name is Herbert Joseph Starks b. 1915

I believe there is a connection here but there are too many pieces missing. I did find information on the Soc Sec Death records for my grandfather. I am going to send for an original copy of his SSN registration. This should list his parents and their birthdates.

If you have any information on Herbert, please share and I will do the same if I find anything regarding Harold.

Adrianne

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: Starks
I don't think we have the same man. My grandfather was born in Labadieville, Louisiana. I'm told that he, Herman Joseph Starks, was also known to have been in Alabama and Tennessee. TN is where my father was born.

Have you ever come across a Herman Starks?

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 7:42PM GMT
Herman sounds sorta familiar but I will go through my papers when I get home in about an hour, and I will see what I have, I have a lot of stuff.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 7:47PM GMT
very nice, thank you!

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 4:33PM GMT
I looked through my papers and my people originally came from Georgia and moved to Alabmama around 1900 then to Ohio.
My dad sent me a couple of obituaries but I didn't see anything about a Herman. He said that the family went all over and they are a HUGE family.I'm still searching but it can't be a coincidence that Joeseph and Harold are in my line also. I'll do some checking and see what I find. I'll let you know.

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 9:18PM GMT
thanks for sharing! I'll be in touch if I find anything as well.
Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic