Search for content in message boards

Archibald Mcdonald / Sarah McIntyre - Kenyon, Glengarry County, Ontario

Archibald Mcdonald / Sarah McIntyre - Kenyon, Glengarry County, Ontario

Posted: 15 Jun 2011 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mcdonald, McIntrye
I am interested in researching in the Archibald Mcdonald / Sarah McIntyre family of Glengarry County, Ontario. Archibald was born in Ireland in 1930, and died between 1901 and 1911. The 1901 census shows him living with his daughter Mary Ann and her family in Aylwin, Quebec; he is not listed with them in the 1911 census. Sarah was born in Ontario and died on 1 April 1980 in Kenyon, Glengarry County, Ontario. They had several children. I have only been able to track down 3 of them. The oldest was Mary Ann Mcdonald (b 9 December 1852/53) who married Charles Mitchell (b 1841-45 Scotland). Mary Ann and Charles lived in Aylwin, Quebec and had 5 children: Georgina (b 1874), Bellida (b 1883), John (b 2 April 1885), Alexander (b 16 June 1887, died in Calgary) and Archibald (b 3 December 1890, died in Calgary). Archibald’s and Sarah’s 2 youngest children were Duncan and Charles. Duncan was born October 1872 in Glengarry County. He married Mary Ann Hodgins on 4 August 1893 in Carleton/Ottawa. Duncan and Mary Ann had 5 children: John (1894 – 1918); Sarah (b 1896); Bella (b 1898); Hugh Harvey (b 1898) and Hector (b 1906 Carleton/Ottawa, d 1980 Victoria BC). Charles (Charlie) was born 1 May 1874 in Glengarry County, Ontario and died in Calgary, Alberta. The 1891 census shows him living with Mary Ann and her family. Charles married Jane Ritchie (b 1874 Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland) on 11 June 1898 in Carleton/Ottawa. Charles and Jane had 3 children: Clema Jessie (b 17 March 1899 in Ottawa, died 1989 in Calgary); Ritchie (b 1900 in Ottawa, died in Calgary) and Jean Ward (b October 1909 in Calgary, Alta died 1980 in Victoria BC). Any information you would have to share would be most appreciated.

Re: Archibald Mcdonald / Sarah McIntyre - Kenyon, Glengarry County, Ontario

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HODGINS - MCDONALD
Hi - Have found your tree on Ancestry.ca, didn't know there was a Charles in the family but believe the Ritchie connection must be your tie to them? Mary Ann Hodgins, wife of Duncan was my ggmother's sister. I recently received obits from another tree researcher for Duncan and another son Wesley who was killed in WW II in England. It seems odd that this other son Wesley was b. 1918, but his obit mentions both Hector and Harvey and his parents' names and Mary Ann's maiden name. I also have an obit for Hector. I've not found anything beyond birth records for the two girls, but did find a death record that I believe is for John A.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions