Search for content in message boards

Conrad Long > son: Herny Long

Conrad Long > son: Herny Long

Posted: 11 Nov 2002 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jun 2004 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: Long, Ferra, Phillips, McGinnis
Looking for info on Conrad Long born @ late 1700's. His son Henry born @1812 married Sarah Ann Phillips. Their dau. Mary Elizabeth born in Jefferson City OH @1830. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Conrad Long > son: Herny Long

Posted: 31 Jan 2003 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Long Amick Offutt Hallam Shea Tumidiski Brannon Williams
Where was Conrad born?

Mike Dolan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2003 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Dolan, Preece, Barlow, Roe, Goldin, McNeil, Wells, Strong, Long, Cooper, Mullin
These names seem not to jive with mine, but I am a descendent of Conrad Long born abt 1737 in Loudon, VA, married to "Catey," and died abt 1797 in Orange, NC. His son was Henry Long, born 20 Feb 1767 in Loudon, VA, married Mary Sharp, and died 28 Jan 1846 in Morgan, IL. His son was Conrad Long, born 16 Mar 1804 in NC or TN (?), married Lucretia Warren, and died 7 Sep 1879 at Mounds, Brown County, IL. His daughter was Lucinda Long, b. 15 Oct 1841 or 1842 in Mounds, Brown, IL and died 21 Jul 1919, who is my gg-grandmother. Is any of this familiar?

Posted: 1 Feb 2003 1:20PM GMT
Sorry. The Conrad Long I know of was from Albany, NY

Posted: 3 Sep 2011 3:39AM GMT
This is an old post I'm replying to. I connect to this line also thru Henry. I was wondering what your source is for Conrad being born in Loudon, VA.

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Long, Thomas
Hi
saw your post on Henry and I am working on Jacob's line. I have some info I have found on Jacob, if you need it. Would you know if the Griffith Thomas family in the area is connected to Conrad Long.

thanks

Pat

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Long
Hi!
No I do not have any Thomas line that meshes with any of my Long lines. Jacob Long has driven me crazy for years: no information, conflicting information, information with no sources or proofs. I have a few census records for a Jacob Long, but the location conflicts with other information I have on him. When he relocated from North Carolina to Tennessee is one of my stumbling blocks. I would be very interested in what you have on him. Thank you very much.

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 4:27AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2012 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: Long, Thomas
thank you for checking on the Thomas line. In the Long papers at the University of N Carolina is a letter from Eliza S. Thomas , dated 1857, Missouri and it is mentioned she is a relative. I haven't seen the actual letter so I am still searching for her.

The Griffith Thomas family left PA and settled in Orange county NC about the same time as the Conrad Long family.

In the July 2, 1908 issue of the Almanac Gleaner is a history of the Jacob Long (b 1807) family, written by his son William Samuel Long.

Conrad Long (Conrad Lange) came to PA from Germany, was married in PA and had two children by his first wife ukn. these children are Mary and Gasper, then he married Catherine, who is the mother of Jacob, Conrad and Henry. article says came to NC shortly after his marriage to Catherine.

The Jacob Long I was working on was b 1807 NC and died 1891 Alamance County NC. , he is the grandson of Conrad Long.

as there are several which Jacob are you wanting info on? will see what I have found so far.

thanks
Pat

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 6:28AM GMT
Surnames: Long
Sorry I've taken so long to reply, but life got in the way of genealogy the last few months. Jacob Long is a brother, I think, to Henry Long who is my direct ancestor. Conrad Long is my main problem. Do you have a copy of the Long article from the Alamance Gleaner you reference? I would love to have a copy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic