Search for content in message boards

Surnames: Hill, McCollough/McCullough, Box, Lee, Reed, Martin

Surnames: Hill, McCollough/McCullough, Box, Lee, Reed, Martin

Sam Crook (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2004 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was born in Glenmora, Louisiana, but I have been in Texas since I was seventeen. Now, years later, I am trying to find as much info as possible about the above surnames, located in Calcasieu, Vernon, Beauregard, and Allen Parishes. I would also like to find any relatives or descendants of the following:

My g-g-grandfather, John Alexander Hill and wife, Martha Ann Box, are listed on the 1860 Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana, Census. I am looking for parents and/or siblings of both "Alexander"/ "Alex" Hill and Martha Ann Box.

Does anyone have any info on their son, Asa, called "Ace" Hill?

My g-grandfather, was Nicholas Monroe (N.M.) Hill and his wife, Marietta/Mary Etta McCollough/McCullough. Was she the daughter of Leslie McCollough/McCullough?

My grandfather, William Alexander Hill, married Lucinda Reed, daughter of William Franklin Reed and Lydia Martin. My g-g-grandfather was Valentine Reed. Does anyone have any additional info - who were his parents? his wife's name?

My grandfather, William Alexander Hill, was a deacon in Arkadelphia Baptist Church. Does anyone have any Church records?

Does anyone have info on which "Hill" donated land for the Hill-Mathis Cemetery?

I do have some info and will share. I will appreciate any additional information.
Thanks,
Frances Hill Crook
samcrook@sbcglobal.net

Re: Surnames: Hill, McCollough/McCullough, Box, Lee, Reed, Martin

Posted: 6 Oct 2004 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: HILL
Regarding Alexander Hill and Martha Box. I have a gr-gr grandmother named Jane Hill Horne. An Alexander Hill who married a Martha Box lived near them on the 1850 census of Itawamba Co, MS. I believe Alexander was my grandmother's brother, perhaps a twin as they both say they were born in 1825 in TN. It is reported Alexander and his father, Abel Hill who was on the 1820 Wayne Co, TN census, went with their families to Sugartown, LA in the late 1860s. I am trying to discover more about this family. Anything you have to tell would be appreciated!

Re: Surnames: Hill, McCollough/McCullough, Box, Lee, Reed, Martin

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 4:35AM GMT
mother was a McCollough from Sugartown, born in 1926 (I think). I have a little info on siblings and parents, but little else.
Roy Frusha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions