Search for content in message boards

Crumps in Arkansas

Crumps in Arkansas

Posted: 20 Apr 2002 1:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2002 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Crump, Pegee, Humphrey
African American Crumps in Arkansas

I am looking for members of the Crump family who lived in or near Brinkley, Arkansas. The two names I have are Ellen Crump who died September 2, 1939 in Brinkley and Dave Crump who died in 1920. These Crumps were aunt and uncle of Arch, Jackson, Mattie, and Dink Humphrey, also of Brinkley whose parents were Mary Elizabeth (Lizzie) Ferguson-White-Gates Humphrey and Arch Humphrey. Arch and Jackson lived in St. Louis, Missouri and worked for the railroad until their death. Their other famiy members were Ernest and Alice Pegee/Pigee/Pegue.

Mary Elizabeth was my great grandmother Martha’s sister. They came to Arkansas from plantations in Panola County, MS. They were originally from Richmond, Virginia and their name originall was Ferguson. The White and Gates name came from the Mississippi plantations.

I am looking for any information about their descendants for the family history book that's an ongoing project of revision and addition.

Any information appreciated

Maggie Ponds

Re: Crumps in Arkansas

Ed Crump, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2002 2:12PM GMT
Maggie, suggest you contact Della Clemon Smith at dellaclemonsmith@aol.com. She has posted inquiries on the Crump GenForum about an AA Crump family in the Little Rock to Fordyce area from about this period, maybe a little earlier. Check her information on GenFourm message Number 1337. Good Luck.

Posted: 20 Apr 2002 10:11PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2002 4:36PM GMT
Thanks. I have been in touch with Della. She is from my hometown. I'll keep trying.

Blessings

Maggie

sandie crump (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2005 10:15PM GMT
I am crump from Antigua west Indies.
I don't know much about them My father is or was Morris Emanuel Crump, his father was a manager of a plantation. They are of mixed heritage both African/ English and I believe Portuguese. Morris Crump lives or lived in Curaco, Antilles and his Brother Noel and sister Masie lives or lived in Antigua. I don't know much about them as My mother did not marry my father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions