Search for content in message boards

LILLY Family - Montgomery Co.,NC

LILLY Family - Montgomery Co.,NC

J. Steven Lilly (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: LILLY
Searching for additional info re: THOMAS W. LILLY b.19 Jan 1815. need pl. of b. - spouse - date and pl. of d. He lived in Montgomery Co. NC at least from 1850 till 1863. This is documented by the births of his children: Elizabeth D.Lilly b.1848; John T. Lilly (g-gf)b.1850; David W. Lilly b.1856; & Sarah Ann Lilly b.1863. I have other info and am willing to share/exchange. Please respond.

Re: LILLY Family - Montgomery Co.,NC

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 5:31AM GMT

B.J. Lilly Tucker
Post Office Box 11897
Portland, OR 97211

HAS YOUR LINE.

Beth Chuck (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2004 4:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lilly
My gr grdmthr was Pannie Mae Lilly b. 5-28-1881 d. 11-10-1945. He father was John Thomas W. Lilly b 10-8-1850 d 3-8-1920. His wife/her mother was Ann Ballard. John T. Lilly's father was Thomas Lilly died 11-9-1876. John and Ann had six children. The family had a dairy in Montgomery Co NC. She married a Gaddy and he inherited the dairy changing the name to Gaddy Dairy. There is more info at the Mt. Gilead Museum, in Mt. Gilead NC. If you have any info on Pannie Mae Lilly I would like it. Thanks.

J STEVEN LILLY (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2004 9:54AM GMT
Pannie Lilly was my g-aunt, sister to Fred Armstong Lilly. She helped raise my Father in Mt Gilead. I remember her, and when she died. Walter Gaddy still lives at the farm, although I haven't seen him in a decade. I have some pages from the LILLY family bible that gives more info. Thanks for the dod of Thomas; I have looked for that for years. Please contact me direct <jslilly@att.net>

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 5:04AM GMT
Hello,
My Lilly line was in Mt. Gilead, Montgomery Co, NC, also. My ggg grandmother, Eliza Lilly was b. there around 1815 and died there in 1892. She married John Lewis Christian. Eliza was the daughter of Edmund Lilly, Jr. (1761-1819) and Mary Marshall (1774-1858).

Look forward to hearing from you,
Anne Palmer Johnson

J. STEVEN LILLY (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2006 11:42AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I had all but given up that anyone would reply. Too many want info, but are unwilling to share. It seems that the LILLY family had a rich history in the early years, including a grant from the King of France for much of the land in the Montgomery Co. area. That document still exists; my brother has seen it. I recently found the grave of Edmund Fleming LIlly. Contact me at jslilly@att.net so that I can send the details to you. I am still trying to find the correct link back to Edmund, being stuck on Nathanial (m. Sarah Crump), and unable to determine his line back to Edmund. I would appreciate any help that you can provide.
Thanks, JSL

Beth Chuck (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2006 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly, Gaddy, Marshall, Ballard
Re: Nathaniel Lilly - I was reading your posts and reviewing my info (J.Steven Lilly my ggg grdfthr Thomas W. Lilly - your great aunt Pannie Mae Lilly Gaddy b.May 28, 1881 d.Nov 10 1945 from colon cancer, was Fred Armstrong Lilly's sister and my Great grandmother) anyway.. a message on the board dated 22 Sep 1999 from Jason Greeley to Penny Lewis state "my 3rd great g.fthr was Nathaniel Lilly b. 1776 and married to Judith King." I saw yours stating he married Sarah Crump.

Also my Q: According to research done by David Francis there were 13 children from Edmund Lilly and Mary Marshall. Two named Thomas one born 1794 the other in 1803 and Eliza Lilly born 1815. 1815 is the same year that my ggg grdfther Thomas W. Lilly from Montgomery Co NC was born. So.. why two Thomas' from the same parents and do you have info on the parents of Thomas W. Lilly father of John Thomas Lilly? I'll keep digging and post whatever I find.

Beth Chuck

Re: LILLY Family - Montgomery Co.,NC and Stanly Co. NC

Lina Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2006 3:55PM GMT
Beth, and others on this loop,
Can you tell me how the Lilly families located in Stanly County, just west of Montgomery County, are related to the Lilly families you are discussing in Montgomery Co? I have been trying for several years to find information on Edmund Lilly age 41, who I know his wife to be Rebecca Carter (from a deed that lists heirs of Joshua Carter, Jr.).

Others who are in the 1850 Stanly Co. Census are:
Benjamin Lilly age 71 with wife Sarah 57
John 18 living with William Milton
Bushrod 49 with wife Hannah Moss. Think he is the son of Nathanial and Sarah Crump. There are articles on him from the Stanly Co. Gen. Society Journal.

Edmund Lilly age 41 had no wife living with him in 1850 census, but his wife Rebecca has just died and is listed in the Mortality schedule for Stanly Co. Living with Edmund was Nancy Carter age 42 and her son Lenden. I think that Nancy was the wife of Travis Carter who is also listed in the Mortality Schedule in 1850. Are Edmund and Nancy related? Brother and sister? Could all of these people be related to Benjamin?
I have never been able to connect Edmund to any of the other Lillys anywhere. I have been told that he was the son of Edmund F. Lilly, but I just can't find a connection there.

Will be glad to share what I do have on these families.

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 9:07PM GMT
I think I can answer a number of the questions you have posted on various Lilly threads. If you see this, email me at "txgeezer" AT "sbcglobal.net," since I've learned that the alert for a reply does not work for me.

Lou Poole, Richardson, TX
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions