Search for content in message boards

BANKS

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 11:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BANKS AND ROCHESTER
Hi

Are there any descendants in England who had ancestors by the name of Peter Banks and Mary Rochester about 1800-1820.
They could have came from Lancashire or Cheshire.
Their only known son James came to Australia during the 1850's. I know nothing about James or his parents, they cannot be found in England. Surely he would have had brothers and sisters? Hoping someone can help, Annette O'Donohue in Australia.
Posted: 2 Feb 2013 3:13PM GMT
Do you have any idea how old James was when he left England to go to Australia?

I found a family in the 1841 census that has Peter as the father and Mary as the mother with a bunch of children including a James who is age 3. Located in Romford, Essex.

If this is the correct James then he was a teenager when he went to Australia. Does this coincide with your information?

Also, what makes you think James was from Cheshire or Lancashire?

Re: BANKS

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 4:57AM GMT
Hi genehunter2007
Thanks for your reply. My James Banks was born c1831 in either Cheshire or Lancashire. The reason is because he said on his MC that he was born in ECCLESTON Eng, but he never stated a County. There is an Eccleston in Cheshire and Lancashire. He was in Australia when he married in 1855. We have never found his name on a Passenger List. Thankyou Maree
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions