Search for content in message boards

Robbins Chapel Cem., Lee Co., VA

Robbins Chapel Cem., Lee Co., VA

Posted: 27 Jun 2003 6:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2004 1:23PM GMT
I was interested if anyone might have a listing of everyone buried in this cem. I am looking for graves of Greenberry Pennington and his daoughter Martha Jane (Pennington) Robbins. Greenberry Pennington's wife Letita Robbins d:9-11-1884 is buried there at Robbins Chapel.
Martha Jane (Pennington) Robbins d:1929 married McGriggon (Greig) Robbins.
So I am curious if these people are buried there:
Greenberry Pennington (my ggg grandfather)
Martha Jane (Pennington) Robbins (my gg grandmother)
McGriggon (Greig) Robbins (my gg grandfather)
Harrison Robbins (my g grandfather)
Larkin Robbins (my gggg grandfather)
Levina (Whisman) Robbins (my gggg grandmother)
Any information on these people would be greatly appreciated.
Contact me direct via email: floz@bright.net

Re: Robbins Chapel Cem., Lee Co., VA

ed_cress (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 7:04PM GMT
Hi Flora. I have the Robbins Chapel Cemetery, and other cemetery records. I will be glad to do a lookup. Looks like there may be too much for me to conceniently e-mail. Please e-mail me your postal mailing address. No Charge. Ed Cress, Oak Ridge, Tn., Corresponding Secretary, Lee Co. Hist. and Gen. Society.

Posted: 28 Jun 2003 2:26PM GMT
Ed, first of all I want to thank you for being so generous to donate your time for responding back. I have never posted on Lee Co, VA message board before. While I was browsing down through it, I notice you have responded back to anyone whom needed help. I want to THANK YOU for being so nice to do that. It means so much to people searching to be able to have someone like you to offer their help. Again, on behalf of everyone else, I'm sure, we appreciate your help.
My address is 10970 Cisco Road, Sidney, OH 45365
Best Regards, Flo

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 8:01PM GMT
Hi Flora, My name is Sue Blevins < My gggrandfather was Greenberry Pennington.They were from Harlan County,Ky. You can go to your address bar and write in PraGroup7 and this will tell you everything you need about the pennington,s. yes there is some of them buried in robbins chapel cem. My ggrandmother was amanda pennington. my grandmother was Occie Mulwee she married a George Carroll. and my mother was Kenzie Carroll. ypu can e-mail me at suecrawleyblevins@fuse.net

Posted: 27 Jan 2004 9:56AM GMT
Surnames: Robbins, Wynn, Kelly, Chastain, Grills, Wilkerson, Jones, Noe, Pennington, Middleton, Tomlinson, Burkhart, Rose, Rhoades, Howard, Hensley
Hello, my name is Lenora Chastain (Wynn). My mother is Cora Robbins. She is the daughter of Harrison William Robbins & Mollie Robbins (Kelly). Her Father passed away six months before she was born. Her mother passed away when she was twenty years old. She married my Father George Wynn, a year later I came into the picture. My parents and grandparents are from Harlan Co., Ky. Harrison Robbins was married to Mary Cloud first, then he married my grandmother Mollie Kelly.
Greenberry Pennington-b: 05-02-1826 Lee Co., VA. married Letitia Robbins-b: 1827 d: 09-11-1884 Lee Co., VA.
Letitia Robbins parents were Charles Robbins-b: 1800 Russell Co., VA. & Sarah Jane Mcgraw-b: 1802 Russel Co., VA. Greenberry & Letitia had Mary Ann Pennington-b: 02-17-1852 d: 03-27-1939 married Harvey Jackson Parsons=b: 02-10-1852. I have more info on the family.

Posted: 27 Jan 2004 6:11PM GMT
Lenora,
I received your message. My grandmother was Ada (Robbins) Brock whom married John J. Brock. Her parents were Harrison Robbins and Mary Cloud. I have very little information on the Robbins and Clouds. Possibly you might be able to help me out. Please feel free to email me at my home email floz@bright.net.
Thanks, Flo

Virginia Sue Crawley-Blevins (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2004 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Wynn,Middleton,Burkhart,Robbins,Pennington
Hi my name is Virginia Sue Blevins.My Greatgrand mother was Amanda Pennington,her father was Greenberry Pennington.My ggrandmother was from Harlan,Ky.She married my ggrandfather Robert Mulwee and they lived in Penninton Gap,Va.They daughter was my grandmother was Occie Mulwee-Carroll.My mother was Kenzie Carroll-Crawley.Do you still Live in Harlan?And you are related to the Middletons?Did you know Ned Middleton?He was my husband's father.My mother-in-law is Kathern Burkhart-Blevins.Her father was George Milton Burkhart.Do you know any of these people?Please feel free to e-mail me at home.E-mail address is suecrawleyblevins@fuse.net

Posted: 24 May 2010 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
I'm looking for information on my grandmother's grave, her name is Lily Edith Carroll Bolin, she died in 1950 and is buried in Robbins Chapel, Virginia. She died when my dad was 16 years old, he is now 77 and lives in Barstow, California. My dad's wish is to see her grave again. This may be impossible due to health reasons and not being able to travel. I would love to have a picture of her grave if possible.
Crystal Bolin Ramos

Posted: 3 Jun 2010 9:48PM GMT
Crystal,
Do you know where in Lee County the cemetery is? And is there a tombstone to mark the grave? My family is having a reunion there the midle of August at the Wilderness Road State Park and if the cemetery is not far from there and I am able to find it I would be more then happy to take a picture and email it to you.
Gail

Posted: 17 Jul 2010 4:40PM GMT
Hi My Name is Evelyn Gizzi I was the daughter of Loretta & Harvey Richter and if you can get a picture of Lily Edith Carroll Bolin by next year I am going to be going down their and will get one for you. My father is buried their and he also died in 1950 when I was 5 years old. Let me know your address and I will see what I can do for you. Evelyn.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions