Search for content in message boards

Jackson family of Kent?

Jackson family of Kent?

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 11:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find Sarah Jackson b. 1854 in Ontario. She married James T. Marshall in 1872 in VanBuren, Michigan.
It is said that their daughter (Carrie Muezetti (Hawkins) b. 1879) was part Ojibwa and would often visit Moraviantown.

As Sarah was associated with the Ojibwa and her daughter Carrie traveling to Moraviantown, I am assuming Sarah was from the area.

Any information on Sarah would be greatly appreciated. She is my "Brick Wall" & I can't find any data on her before 1870 where she is found in Van Buren, Michigan as a servant.

Thank you.

Re: Jackson family of Kent?

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 4:14PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2012 4:54PM GMT
I may have that info, but will take time for me to find it, as I have lots to go through. Just send me a reminder now and then. The Jackson family are Pottwotomi from Caldwell First Nation. My husband is Caldwell and knew some of the Jackson family. He knows quite a bit of their history.

There were quite a few from the Jackson family that married someone from Moraviantown.

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 5:36PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I am glad to find someone with more information!

Thank you,
Donna

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 2:09AM GMT
I didn't find the particular Jackson you were looking for, but there were some Jackson's here in Moraviantown at one time. I met a Bill Jackson one time when I was working in a Nursing home in Thamesville. Never seen or heard of him since. That was in 1981. My husband had also met him a couple times.

I don't know how it worked, but at one time Caldwell members owned land within Moraviantown. I think Moraviantown has gained it all back. Land had been owned at one time here within Moraviantown, by Jackson, Johnson and Chippewa families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions