Search for content in message boards

James Campbell,Sr Revolutionary War Pension

James Campbell,Sr Revolutionary War Pension

Bob Jessup (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2001 6:56PM GMT
Found info on James Campbell,Sr, b.1754 in
Lancaster Co.,PA. Application for war pension data included.He was from KY during the war.Will share info with family searchers.

James Campbell Sr

Posted: 1 May 2001 4:49PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 1:51PM GMT
Well, MY James Campbell Sr was b in SC,
but he did live later in Kentucky, where
his son james Jr was b in 1797 what else
do you show? Mecklenburg, KY was the birth
place. Please answer me at jrotter@oregonvos.net
thank you

Duncan Campbell Hickman Co TN?

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Coble, Arnold, Peabody and ?
Jean
Wondered if you had Duncan Campbell born Jan 1819 TN married ukn Coble abt 1839 Hickman Co TN?
Ada

Re: Duncan Campbell Hickman Co TN?

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Whitnack, Stephenson, Connelly
Sorry, we don't have this name in our branch. Our Campbells
were in Illinois, and Missouri mostly.
Jean Rotter

Re: James Campbell Sr

Debbie Herron (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2003 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi. Do you know who James Campbell Jr. married? His age fits in with what could be my gg grandfather. Please e-mail me if his wife was Annie Long. Thanks

Re: James Campbell Sr

Posted: 10 Apr 2003 3:48PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2003 8:32AM GMT
Our James Jr married 1st, Sarah Bell, and 2nd Lorinda someboody. He moved to Adams Co., Il in 1832. sorry.
Jean Rotter

Robbie Gephart (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2004 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
My Cambells came from Hickman county Ky. Do you know any more information.

Ada Little (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2004 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Arnold, Bates, Whitwell, Judea, Brison, Dotson, Lynch, Hammond, McCann
Only that in one of the census he says he was born SC. Everyone seems to believe his father was William Campbell.
Duncan born 1819 served in the Civil War in Co F 42nd Infantry. This regiment was formed along with Co B in Hickman Co TN October 1, 1861. We believe Duncan was of Scottish descent from VA and NC. His first wife was Jane Coble who died about 1848 and they had 5 children, he then married Sarah Arnold about 1850 and they had 10 children. I've listed above some of the names of families they married into....Ada

Robbie Gephart (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2004 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
Thank you for responding. My Campbells came form S.C. to Tennessee then to Hickman County Ky. I have not been able to find out were in Tennessee. We have several Williams in out family. He is said to be buried in Scot county S. C. His sons are buried in Oakwood Cemetery in KY. I don't believe we are researching the same family. The wife's names don't match. But if you run across a Nathan Campbell (DOB 1851) born in S. C. or Tennessee please keep me in mind.

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 6:34PM GMT
Ada,
Just discovered with a little help from some friends that Duncan's first wife was actually a Jane Morrison, not Coble. Duncan was apparently living next door to his In-Laws in 1840 and 1850. An article was found in the Nashville Christian list of deaths and the daughter of Andrew Morrison Jane was listed as dead as of April 1850, the wife of Duncan Campbell. You can contact me for more info which led to this discovery...I know your Harriet was his daughter.
Linda at lindaorourke0015@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions