Search for content in message boards

Robert and Ida Petrich

Robert and Ida Petrich

Posted: 17 Mar 2005 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Wish to learn about the family of Robert and Ida Petrich of Osceola County and if:

Was Robert born 1888 in Germany to Adelina Petrich?

Did they emigrate with grandmother Elisabeth Petrich in 1892 to Illinois?

Is Robert a nephew of Julius Robert Petrich of Varna, IL and later Lake City, MN?

Ralph R. PETRICH, b.1881 GER > 1884 Varna IL > d. 1952 Osceola Co. IA

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Petrich, Daggett, Erickson, Wackerbarth
Loren wrote, "Wish to learn about the family of Robert and Ida Petrich of Osceola County ... Was Robert born 1888 in Germany to Adelina Petrich? Did they emigrate with grandmother Elisabeth Petrich in 1892 to Illinois? Is Robert a nephew of Julius Robert Petrich of Varna, IL and later Lake City, MN?"

Loren, while this doesn't exactly answer your question, the following obit may add some insight and possible avenues of investigation.

Sheldon Mail (Sheldon, Iowa)
1952 > August > 13

Ralph Richard PETRICH, son of Matilda and Emil PETRICH, was born on January 16, 1881, in Germany. At the age of 3 years he came to this country with his parents and two older brothers, Rhine and Paul.

The family settled near VARNA, ILLINOIS; and, at the age of 4 years his mother passed away. Later, his father remarried and he was fortunate to have the loving care of his stepmother. At the age of 14 years he was confirmed in the Lutheran faith.

In the year of 1899 the family moved to a farm near Matlock. In March, 1907, he engaged in farming for himself in Osceola County, and on October 16th of the same year was united in marriage with Cora Dell DAGGETT.

Three children were born to this union -- Lloyd of Boise, Idaho; (Maude) Mrs. A. H. ERICKSON of Spencer; and, Leland at home.

The family lived on various farms in the Sanborn vicinity. Of the 45 years he spent in farming he was always dvoted to his work. His home, church, and community always found him to be very dependable and willing to lend a helping hand. For a number of years he served as a school director in Osceola County.

In 1939, during the pastorate of Rev. Ernest SANWORTH, he joined the St. Andrew's Methodist Church at Sanborn. For several years he served on the official board of the church and was serving in that capacity at the time of his passing.

He had always enjoyed good health until the fall of 1948. In March of 1952 he entered the Methodist Hospital at Sioux City and submitted to a major operation. In spite of loving care his health continued to fail and he passed away at 7:25 p.m. on August 5, 1952, at the age of 71 years, 6 months, and 20 days.

He leaves to mourn his passing: his wife, three children, two sisters, Mrs. Tena WACKERBARTH of Melvin and (Alma) Mrs. Eric PETRICH of Sheldon; six brothers, Rhine of Varna, Ill., Paul of Omaha, Nebr., Fred of Sanborn, Ed of Rosholt, S.D., John of New Effington, S.D., and Adolph of Hankinson, N.D. Also, three grandchildren and numerous other relatives.

Funeral services were held Friday, August 8, at 1:30 at the home and 2 o'clock at the Methodist church in Sanborn. Rev. Ernest STANWORTH, a former pastor now residing at Peterson, was in charge.

Mrs. William DUMMETT and Marilyn SULLIVAN rendered two favorite selections of the family. "To the Rock Let Me Fly," and "Saved by Grace," with Leah SMOCK accompaniest. Interment was made in Roseland Cemetery with Albert WATSON in charge.

Pallbearers were Howard DEAN, Harry MUXLOW, John GETTING, Albert LITKA, Herman NEITZKE, and Gerrit Van Engen, all neighbors and long time friends.

Those attending the services from away were Mr. and Mrs. Rhine PETRICK and Ernest JUNKERS of Varna, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Paul PETRICH of Omaha, Nebr.; Mr. and Mrs. Ed PETRICH of Rosholt, S.D.; John PETRICH of New Effington, S.D.; Adolph PETRICH of Hankinson, N.D.; Mr. and Mrs. Fred MISSAL and Herbert MISSAL of Britt; Mrs. Ethel LUBBEN of LeMars; Mr. and Mrs. Fred RICE of Slayton, Minn.; William DAGGETT, daughter Delores, and John DAGGETT of Windom, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Fred PETRICH of Inwood; Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth PERRY and children of Sheffield; and, Mrs. Grace ANDERSON and children of Moville.

[This is not my family, and I have no further information.]

Re: Ralph R. PETRICH, b.1881 GER > 1884 Varna IL > d. 1952 Osceola Co. IA

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 5:51PM GMT
Thank you. This would be an assumed cousin of Robert. I am aware of the Sheldon, IA families. It does help me. Thanks again.

Robert Petrich

Posted: 19 Apr 2005 1:24PM GMT
According to his Social Security application, Robert Rudolph Petrich was born to Adeline Petrich and an unknown father on 27 Apr 1888. It also says he was born in Elkhart, Indiana. The location does not correspond with what I have seen in the census, so perhaps that is a mistake. It looks to me like Adeline and Robert Pertich were the ones that emigrated with Grandma Elisabeth.

Re: Ralph R. PETRICH, b.1881 GER > 1884 Varna IL > d. 1952 Osceola Co. IA

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 11:12PM GMT
I am the grandson of Ralph Petrich and Cora Daggett Petrich of Sanborn, Iowa. My father was Lloyd Kenneth Petrich of Boise, Idaho. My aunt was Maude Petrich Erickson and my uncle was Leland Petrich. I am not sure of one of my paternal great- grandmothers but one of paternal great-grandmothers was named Mary Daggett. One of my great-grand uncles was Fred Petrich who married Ida Daggett. I think the person who is asking about Robert and Ida Petrich is mixing up family members as indicated in the obit online.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions