Search for content in message boards

chaffin family of lawrence co.ky

chaffin family of lawrence co.ky

karen adair (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: chaffin, harris
hi, i am trying to locate the parents of martha jane chaffin born in lawrence co. ky feb.7,1857 died july 12 1936. she is my great great grandma. i was told she was cherokee. she married walker harris, and sometime moved to portsmouth,oh. i think her parents were thadious harris and katherine baugh. if anyone can verify this i would appreciate any info on her or her parents.
thanks, karen

Martha Jane Chaffin

Posted: 16 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Chaffin, Chafin, Chafins, Ward
The 1870 Lawrence Co., KY Census shows parents as Thadeus
Chaffin b. Jul1833KY and Catherine (Burgess) b. 1Dec1831VA
d. 30Jul1902 buried Nebo Hill cem.
Lawrence Co., Birth records show Martha's mother as
Katherine Pack.

Martha Jane Chaffin

Posted: 16 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Chaffin, Chafin, Chafins, Chaffins, Ward
Lawrence Co., 1870 census shows Martha in home of Thadeus Chaffin b, Jul1833KY and Catherine (Burgess) b.1Dec1831VA.
d. 30Jul1902 buried Nebo Hill Cem. Lawrence Co., KY birth record show mother's name as Katherine Pack. There are 7 children in Thadeus' family.

martha jane chaffin

karen adair (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: chaffin, harris, baugh
hi,mom found a picture of martha and walker. on the back it said she was born in lawrence co. 2-7-1857and married 8-4 or 5 1880. she died in wheelersburg, oh, and buried 7-15-1936 at greenlawn in portsmouth. i found the birth record that gives catherines name as pack.. maybe a 2nd marriage,,still checking, but i also found where walker and martha jane lived next door to each other in lawrence co. in 1880 and some other names and stories are matching up. this is getting more and more interesting and addicting. more to come......thanks for checking......karen

Nebo Hill in Ky.

Posted: 11 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2002 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: Baugh, Nelson, Harris, Bolt, Bates, Combs
Looking for Ky. relatives. Bates and Combs in Floyd,Baughs in Zelda Ky.Baughs are buried on Nebo Hill Does anyone know the name of that cem.,out toward the fishing lake.Looking for anyone doing research on these names,or in this area. mchatterton
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bolt
Lea Ann: Did you find John Bolt on LDS, I found enough to satisfy me right now. John Bolt was the father of Elizabeth Bolt that married Barnett Harris,Nancy Harris their child married William Nelson.I followed the name Montaville as a clue to this whole family. Theres a Montraville in each, Bolt.Nelson,Harris,. I hole this helps a little if not e-mail. Mchatterton

Bolt Name

Lee Ann (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bolt
Just started researching my family. My mother is a Bolt her father Isaac Monterville Bolt and his mom and dad were Sylvester Greenville Bolt and Mattie Columbus Hatfield. I believe that Sylvester's parents were Montroville M Bolt and Elizabeth E

bolt family

Posted: 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 8:54PM GMT
Saw your inquiry in the lawrence county, kentucky "rootsweb" in regard to the Bolt Family. They are all from Boyd County and a booklet was compiled several years ago with a copy placed in the Boyd County Library. My g.g.grandmother was Elizabeth Clay Riffe and her sister Patience 'Clay married a Bolt. Can't think which one, either Montraville or Isaac. There is also a Bolt cemetery on Rt. 3 which goes north from Louisa (Lawrence County) into Boyd County. The cemetery is very close to the Lawrence/Boyd county line. Hope this helps.

Bolts in Kentucky

Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bolt, Harris
Marcia: Yhanks for the answer on the Bolts book. Im looking now for Elizabeth Bolts husbands family, the Harrises. I have very little on this family. Thanks again. MChatterton

Ida Hatfield Alexander

Brenda Ware (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ida Hatfield Alexander, John Wallace Alexander
These people were my great grand parents and I have been searching hard for three years. Ida's parents were Lawyer Hatfield and Louise Parker from Pike County and John's parents were John Alexander and Elizabeth Lowe
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions