Search for content in message boards

John Williams, Jr. and Sr. 1700's

John Williams, Jr. and Sr. 1700's

Lee Williams, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2003 1:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Im still looking for my cousins of John Williams, Jr., wife Nancy Middleton and his father John Williams, Sr. and wife Elizabeth Ledbetter that lived during the 1700's in Brunswick County, Virginia. This post is to let anyone interested know that my e-mail address that while old, is still valid, and I would like to hear from any one researching these families. Lee Williams, Jr.

Re: John Williams, Jr. and Sr. 1700's

Posted: 27 Feb 2004 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 8:20PM GMT
JOHN WILLIAM-1763 BRUNWICK VA
WILL-NOV 8,1825
SPOUSE-FRANCES STRANGE-MARRIED-SEP 22,1788 BRUNSWICK VA

JOHN WILLIAM-1763 BRUNSWICK VA
DEATH-NOV 1825
SPOUSE-FRANCIS STRANGE
FATHER-JOHN WILLIAMS-ABT 1735 BRUNSWICK VA
MOTHER-UNKNOWN
NO RELATION.JUST TRYING TO HELP.

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 3:30PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2006 3:29AM GMT
Can you tell me please if John Williams had any relatives that may have come from around Chesterfield Co., Va. Thomas was born abt 1800 and his father I think was John Williams but I can not find John anywhere. Could John have had a son Thomas WIlliams m. to Mary Miles in 1820 in Chesterfield. Thank you for your help and time...Gloria

Lee Williams (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2004 12:43AM GMT
My records do not show a Thomas Williams that married a Miles. My wife's side includes early Georgia Miles families.

The only Thomas Williams in my family lineage (besides my son's name) is a Thomas Williams born May 8, 1847 that married a "Guice". This Thomas was born in Henderson County, North Carolina. His people were all from Virginia earlier. Wish I could help more. Lee.

Re: John Williams, Jr. and Sr. 1700's + Middletons

Posted: 31 Oct 2004 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2004 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Middleton, Elliott
Lee! Glad to see a post from you -- an email I sent a few months ago came back! I'm still looking for the Williamses and Middletons too. Check your info though -- I have John Williams Sr. married to Frances Wyatt, and John Williams Jr. married to Elizabeth Ledbetter, then William Williams married to Nancy Middleton. Of course I still don't have any proof of this.... I've got a bit of new info on the Middletons -- do you have anything on James Middleton, who owned land in Rutherford County in the 1790's and was listed in the 1790 census but was gone by 1800, although he didn't sell the land until 1801. I think he may be connected, since Jones Williams's wife was Elizabeth Middleton, and their son Jonathan Middleton Williams (my great-great-great grandfather) lived very nearby this land. Let me hear from you!

Posted: 23 Nov 2004 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: WILLIAMS, TINSLEY, JARVIS, McCULLOUGH, POPE
To all Williams researchers: Please forgive an old man's error in the original message. I some way mixed the John Jr. and Sr. up in naming their wives. Any way I can help please contact me. Lee.

Re: John Williams, Jr. and Sr. 1700's + Middletons

Jeaneane Williams (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Middleton, Elliott
Notice my name is missing from the above post. Lee, if you're there, be in touch!

Posted: 27 Sep 2005 3:25AM GMT
Lee:

I am looking for a John Sr. (b. approx 1730-1740) & possibly Elizabeth, Unknown last name as wife. Unsure of their location prior to 1760. In 1760, they were at Ft. Pitt, Pa. While there, they had a son, William b. 20 Dec 1760. In 1762, they arrived in Brunswick Co. Va. (documented in Rev. War Records) I believe John Sr. had seven children, Frederick; James; John Jr.; Susannah; William, b. 1760; Silas; and Betsey.

I think John Sr. died November 1772 in Brunswick Co. Va. I am told all of his children were under age except Frederick at the time of his death.

Does any of this ring a bell with your research?
Kin

Posted: 1 Nov 2005 1:25AM GMT
Hello Kin (?): Sorry to be slow in responding. Yes we have the same Williams family, maybe with different persons dates which is not surprising that long ago. We show a John Williams, Sr. (Wales and Brunswick Co.,Va.) married to Frances Wyatt. They had four children and one was our John Williams, Jr.(maybe Wales and Brunswick Co., Va.) who was married to Elizabeth Ledbetter and they had ten children. One was my g....grandfather William Williams (Brunswick Co., Va. and Rutherford Co., N.C.) who was married to Nancy Middleton. They had six children, one son was Leroy Williams (my gr.-gr. grandfather) who was married to Ludicy Kelly. If we are to talk with each other, please give me your name instead of a nickname, unless in some way you are Kin Seeker. You are welcome to e-mail me direct at sapello@darientel.net. Best regards your distant cuz, Lee Williams

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Williams
I am looking for information on James Williams, son of John Williams Jr and brother to Silas Williams. Anything anyone has will be appreciated.
I am a descendent of James (I think).
Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions