Search for content in message boards

Bales Family Tree

Bales Family Tree

Christina Litreal (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 5:40PM GMT
I'm looking for help with this branch of my family tree. My Mother was born Carolyn May Bales, to Sheridan Jess Bales Eleanor Lorraine (Herron) Bales, in Cincinnati, OH, 5Jan1942. Jess had several brothers and sisters spread out from OH,KY,AZ, Chicago. I know that his father was very old when he was born, that his name was Jules? Bales. Jules was married to Reely/Realy/Reba Combs, who is my Grandpa's mother. She was married at least 5 times. They lived in Big Hill, KY, near Sand Gap. Anyone with any information about them please contact me. Thanks in advance.
In Him,
Chris

Re: Bales Family Tree

Posted: 9 Jul 2001 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 9:12PM GMT
Hi Chris, Jules and Realie was my dads Father, He had a brother named Jess.
E mail me at Frndily@aol.com

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 2:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: Bales
Julius Bales was My Grandfather Realie was my grandmother
I don't know alot about them but will be happy to answer what I can. E-mail me Fran

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2003 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Bales-Hall KY
I have information regarding Lula Bales, daughter of Julius Bales & Nancy Powell if anyone would like it. I also have pictures and a 1930 Census page.
Beth

Fran Or Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2003 3:13AM GMT
Beth
Please Email me at: Frndily@aol.com regarding our mutual families. Thank you Fran

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Bales, Bayles, Robertson, Powell, Casteele, Johnson, Spivey, Bracken
Well, your post is seven years old now and you've probably long since found your information.

Julius Bales is the son of James William Bales and Sarah (Sally) Robertson Bales. Julius was born 12 April 1851 and died ca 1947. He was named after his maternal grandfather Julius Robertson, son of Black Robertson. He married (1) Nancy Powell and (2) Rosalee Casteele.

James William Bales was born 1821 in Clay, Co. KY, son of Hawkins, Sr. Bales and Nancy Johnson Bales.

Hawkins Bales was born sometime before 1791 and died sometime before 1830. His wife Nancy remarried David Spivey and had several children by him. Hawkins was the oldest son of James Bales and Rebecca Bracken.

James Bales was born ca. 1765 but no one knows where he was born or who his parents were. James and Rebecca were married in 1785 in Greenbrier CO. (W)Va. James and his brother(?) Eden (not to be confused with Eden Bayles of Monongala, (W)Va) moved to Clay Co. KY sometime in the 1790s.

I am descended from Julius Bales brother William Jasper Bales, who was my great grandfather. My grandfather James Lazarus Bales lived to the age of 94 and remembered his uncle 'Jules'.

John Wayland Bales, Waverly, AL

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 8:42AM GMT
My grandfather Joel Bales b. Illinois abt 1857. Both parents are listed per census to have been from Ohio. Can't find anything of his prior family but he married 23 yrs to Ada with 3 children, Mamie, Edward, Nellie. Then married Jane Broome in Canada, she had been married once or twice already. If anything sounds right my email is syzygydeb@yahoo.com

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 4:35AM GMT
Our posts are quite old but I have never found anything on my grandfather Joel Bales b. 1857 who lived in Ill, children born in Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas?? Both parents born in Ohio. email me at syzygydeb@yahoo.com

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 4:42AM GMT
searching for years and still nothing on my grandfather Joel Bales b 1857 lived in Chicago area of Ill both parents born in Ohio. I know he married Ada with 3 kids, Mamie, Edward and Nellie prior to marrying my gmother Jane Broome, lived in Canada prior to moving to Idaho. If any of this sounds possible you can email me at syzygydeb@yahoo.com

Posted: 15 Jul 2014 10:54PM GMT
Hi Chris. My name is Patricia Harrison. I am Reallie Combs Casteel Bales McKinney's great granddaughter. Her daughter Lula was my grandmother. I saw your post on this website. I know it is old but I thought I would write and give you some information that I have. Hope it helps you. Her name is Rella but was called Reallie. She was born in Hazard, KY 1880 married Hiram Casteel. Next she married Julius Bales. They are both bured in Greenwood cemenatary in Hamilton, OH. Then she married John McKinney in Hamilton. If you go on the "find a grave" website you will find a lot of information about both of them. Hope this helps. If you wish to correspond, my email is rustianna@aol.com Hope to hear from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic