Search for content in message boards

Lewis Lanier -Daughter Sophia Ann Lanier

Lewis Lanier -Daughter Sophia Ann Lanier

Ken Swint (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2002 4:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to determine the parents of Lewis Lanier (b. 1800 d. 1874), who was one of my great-great grandfathers. Lewis's wife's name (he may have married more than once) was Mary. One of Lewis and Mary's children was Sophia Ann Lanier (b.1834 d. 1918). Sophia Ann married Elijah Oliver Morgan (b. 1829 Talbert GA d. 1911 Brantley AL). Some of the other children of Lewis and Mary Lanier were Mealie, Ella Fare and Mann. The Laniers reportedly came from NC, may moved into Ga, may have moved into AL. I am unable to find anything definitive as to the parents of Lewis Lanier. If you have any infomation about his parents, I would appreciate your help. Thanks, Ken Swint

Re: Lewis Lanier -Daughter Sophia Ann Lanier

Ruth Hester (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2002 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Lanier and Morgan
I have spent 50 years searching this family. Every lead ran into a wall but I believe I have it now. Lewis wasn't born in NC. He was born in Bryan County , Ga. to Lemuel Lanier, not
John.
If you would like a copy of my search please send me your e-mail # and I will forward it. Sophia was my ggrandfather's
sister. She married Elijah Morgan son of James Olliver and Mary Dathney Morgan. I have worked with others on eiight Lewises from that Bryan, Screven, Muscogee Counties and
the only Lewis left was Lemuel's Lewis and even though I can't document by will etc. I feel positive. You'll see why!
Ruth Hester

Posted: 11 May 2002 2:27AM GMT
Ruth,

Found your message replying to Ken Swint about a Lewis Lanier. I am doing some research on a Lewis Lanier b 1753, Duplin Co., NC d. 1792 Ogeechee River, Bullock Co., GA. He was in the American Revolution. He was son of Lemuel Lanier b. abt 1729, Brunswick Co., VA d. 1793, Screven Co., GA married to Sarah Hardy. My Lewis Lanier was married to a Margaret and had at least eight children.

Do you have any information about this family? I would appreciate anything you have. I am descended from his son Allen who was married to Lavinia Gay. Their daughter Rebecca Lanier married Joseph Olliff.

My e-mail is charlesmitc54428@aol.com Thanks

Posted: 11 May 2002 11:28AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2003 5:11PM GMT
You might want to check out this will from Bulloch Co., Georgia
ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ga/bulloch/wills/

regards,
Cheryl

Posted: 11 May 2002 12:58PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2003 5:11PM GMT
Check out this also.
ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ga/bulloch/

Regards,
Cheryl

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2004 3:45PM GMT
Surnames: Lanier
My grandfather was Mann Louis (Lewis?) Lanier of Alabama. I am trying to research his life and parents and granparents. He died (I think) in 2/1969 and was born 10/15/1914 I think. He was married to Fannie Jo Nichols and had at least 2 children Dot and George Lawrence Lanier, now in Florida. If you have any information, please let me know.

candice@ehis.org
per page

Find a board about a specific topic