Search for content in message boards

Samuel R Sneed of Oxford, Butler County, Ohio

Samuel R Sneed of Oxford, Butler County, Ohio

margie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2005 2:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for Samuel R Sneed of Oxford, Butler County, Ohio. He is a distant cousin and I think he has some genealogy information that would be of interest to me. Any leads appreciated.

Re: Samuel R Sneed of Oxford, Butler County, Ohio

Posted: 17 Dec 2006 1:05AM GMT
How old is Samuel Sneed? My greatgrandfather name is samuel sneed. His son Aaron Sneed was born in lima Ohio and the Sneed family orignated in Tn. Any connection?

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 8:45PM GMT
Hi Margie, I am still working on a reply to you. FYI: I have the following data on Samuel R Sneed of Oxford, Ohio. He was born 25 Aug 1930, son of Samuel R Sneed, II and Mildred Alice Weidner. He worked at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio until 1982 and he died in Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio on 23 Apr 1996. He had one son named Samuel "Skip" Sneed IV.

Samuel R. Sneed II was born 14 Dec 1899 in Georgetown, KY. He married Mildred Alice Weidner on 23 May 1924 and he died in Hamilton Ohio on 6 Nov 1931.

I can send you additional information on the Sneed family. They are related to the Griffith family of Georgetown and the Fluke family in Scott Co, KY

Randy

Randy

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 9:23PM GMT
Randy interested in seeing anything that connects to these families in any way. You may be interested in the following:

43rd MS Regiment

2004 Snead, B.C.
E Third Lieutenant Junior Second Lieutenant
2005 Sneed, Abner D.
E Private Private
2006 Sneed, B.R.
E Private Corporal
2007 Sneed, Benjamin C.
2008 Sneed, J.L.
E Private Private
2009 Sneed, Murphy D.
E Private Private
2010 Sneed, W.V.
E Private Private

1241 Leigh, Frank
B Private Private
1242 Leigh, Richard W.
I First Lieutenant Lieutenant Colonel

805 Gregory, Francis M.
H Private Private
806 Gregory, Henry
H Private Private

2111 Tabb, J.F.R.
B Sergeant Sergeant

43rd MS Regiment

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 4:56PM GMT
Hello,

Not sure if anyone will find this but I am Samuel R. Sneed V and I am trying to find out some information on the Sneed family...especially my father Samuel R. Sneed IV (of Oxford, OH).

Thanks,

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 7:45PM GMT
Hello Sam, I am related (3 cousin?) through William R Sneed, Hamilton, etc. I have some information on the Sneed family but only a few details about your father. He was born 27 Dec 1954 and died 31 Jan 2008. As far as I know he is buried in the Milville, Ohio cemetery but this is based on the death notice in the Hamilton Journal newspaper so it may be wrong. I do not have any other information in my file.

Let me know if you want details of the family history and we can decide the best way to get it to you (paper, electronic file, other?).

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 11:46PM GMT
I WAS JUST GOING THROUGH SOME GENEALOGY PAPERS AND HAVE A LETTER FROM A WOMAN IN THE SOUTH WHO WAS RELATED AND KNEW ALL ABOUT THIS FAMILY. WILL DIG IT OUT TOMORROW AND SEND IT TO YOU. HERE'S SOMETHING I FOUND IN MY NOTES: WILL FORWARD MORE AS I FIND IT.
2004 Snead, B.C.
2005 Sneed, Abner D.
E Private Private
2006 Sneed, B.R.
E Private Corporal
2007 Sneed, Benjamin C.
2008 Sneed, J.L.
E Private Private
2009 Sneed, Murphy D.
E Private Private
2010 Sneed, W.V.
E Private Private

1241 Leigh, Frank
B Private Private
1242 Leigh, Richard W.

805 Gregory, Francis M.
H Private Private
806 Gregory, Henry
H Private Private

2111 Tabb, J.F.R.
B Sergeant Sergeant

43rd MS Regiment

Hi Margie, I am still working on a reply to you. FYI: I have the following data on Samuel R Sneed of Oxford, Ohio. He was born 25 Aug 1930, son of Samuel R Sneed, II and Mildred Alice Weidner. He worked at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio until 1982 and he died in Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio on 23 Apr 1996. He had one son named Samuel "Skip" Sneed IV.

Samuel R. Sneed II was born 14 Dec 1899 in Georgetown, KY. He married Mildred Alice Weidner on 23 May 1924 and he died in Hamilton Ohio on 6 Nov 1931.

I can send you additional information on the Sneed family. They are related to the Griffith family of Georgetown and the Fluke family in Scott Co, KY

Randy

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.sneed/465.1.1/mb.ashx

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 11:46PM GMT
I WAS JUST GOING THROUGH SOME GENEALOGY PAPERS AND HAVE A LETTER FROM A WOMAN IN THE SOUTH WHO WAS RELATED AND KNEW ALL ABOUT THIS FAMILY. WILL DIG IT OUT TOMORROW AND SEND IT TO YOU. HERE'S SOMETHING I FOUND IN MY NOTES: WILL FORWARD MORE AS I FIND IT.
2004 Snead, B.C.
2005 Sneed, Abner D.
E Private Private
2006 Sneed, B.R.
E Private Corporal
2007 Sneed, Benjamin C.
2008 Sneed, J.L.
E Private Private
2009 Sneed, Murphy D.
E Private Private
2010 Sneed, W.V.
E Private Private

1241 Leigh, Frank
B Private Private
1242 Leigh, Richard W.

805 Gregory, Francis M.
H Private Private
806 Gregory, Henry
H Private Private

2111 Tabb, J.F.R.
B Sergeant Sergeant

43rd MS Regiment

Randy

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.sneed/465.1.1/mb.ashx

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: SNEED, MOODY, TABB, LEIGH, LOCKHART, CRUMP, LEMMON, BOLLING, TAYLOR, GREGORY, BUTLER, SAUNDERS, SHACKELFORD, HEISIG, O'NEILL, BOHANNON, PUCKETT, REVIERE
John Mason Moody, Sr and Martha William Wright Moody
John Mason Moody served in the North Carolina General Assembly 1831-2 and the Senate 1844-47. His father Cpt William Moody died in 1839. Relatives in Monroe County and Lowndes County MS

• Martha Alice Moody wife of Dr H G LEIGH of Petersburg VA mother Mary Jane CRUMP Leigh and her grandmother Martha R. Crump WRIGHT were sisters in Northampton Co NC in 1859. The Moody home Pleasant Hill was in Northampton Co NC but very close to the Greensville County VA border.
o John Hamilton Patterson Leigh married Seignora Eaton Lockhart (parents: Col Benjamin Franklin Lockhart & Sarah Gee).
• William Scott Smithfield Moody married Virginia G Lemmon Tabb
• Mary Elizabeth (Moody) wife of Joseph Gray LOCKHART (parents: Col Benjamin Franklin Lockhart & Sarah Gee).
o Annie E
• John Mason Moody, Jr married Laura E Taylor Tabb in Jan 21 1864. b 1838 in Greensville county VA and died Jun 2, 1906 in Columbus MS. Married Rosa Terry 1879. Parents James Terry and Jane Murray b 20 Feb 1860. Children Rosalee, Julia, Emile, John. Lived on Bent Oak Plantation 9 miles out of Columbus. Clarence Terry & “Bud” Gordon connect somehow..
o William Robert Moody b 2 Mar probably 1865 or 66 married Daisy BUTLER – she died very young – children raised by Effie Moody Gregory
 William Robert became Episcopal Bishop of Kentucky. He wrote a privately published memoir of his early life in Columbus.
 James Butler – never married and lived in Oxford NC
o John Mason Moody III – mother & child died 9/22/1868
• Laura Estelle (Moody) wife of Nathaniel GREGORY
o Effie

Thomas Bolling Tabb and wife Laura E Saunders Shackelford Taylor
• Jack F Ross Tabb married Amanda F Mary LEMMON
o Mary Bolling b circa 1863 married Charles HEISIG
o Charles Ross married Alice O’NEILL
o Erwin L – might be Edwin
o Elizabeth Lanier – (Lanear)
• Laura E Taylor Tabb Moody – see above
• Virginia Gordon; (Sippi) in 1868 at age 16 taken back to North Carolina with John Mason, Martha and William Moody. In 1869-70 she married William Scott Moody (born in Scotland) and had 5 children – 3 buried at Blandford Cemetery in Petersburg VA with their father. Sippi died 8 Aug 1898.
o Lena (Virginia Aileen or Alice) born abt 1876 married Samuel R SNEED, Jr. married Harriet Stone Read of KY son of Henry Harrison Sneed – Episcopal minister of Gulfport MS.
 Samuel Roberson Sneed, JR – died at 22 of cancer – Mildred Craig from OH worked at Miami as hostess for Miami U at official guest house
• Samuel Roberson Sneed III -296-22-3291 last residence 45056 Oxford, Butler, OH b 8/25/1930 d 4/23/1996. Married - Pattie– born in OH – died – Miami U graduate – engineer lived up East for awhile Head of Athletic Basketball department at Miami.
o Samuel Roberson Sneed IV b abt 1955 stockbroker married Ms. Perry from Dayton whose father started the yellow pages. Divorced. Went to jail for drugs – high roller type
 Samuel Roberson Sneed V
 Shauna
 Henry Harrison Sneed III – youngest –b 3/17/1906-7d 1967 father died when 9 yrs old- Elizabeth Cox Sneed b 2/20/1907 d 1997
• Sharon Elizabeth Sneed born in Gulfport 11/19/49 married Ernest Grover Martin III
o John Harrison Martin and Catherine Elizabeth Pierce from Dalton GA divorced in Atlanta
 John Harrison
 Charles White
o Mary Elizabeth married Patrick Cochran
o Caroline Sneed Martin
o Ernest G Martin IV
o Charles Bolling Tabb Moody born abt 23 Oct 1879 in Cobb Switch d 12 Jul 1939 (cert 16498) buried National Cemetery Mobile AL married Florence REVIERE (b in Louisiana) (died 22 Jun 1993 age 93) Both husband and wife served in the US Army. Resided 154 S Broad St
 Charles B Moody Jr – 11 on 1930 census for Mobile
 Evelyn – 9 on the 1930 census for Mobile
 Kathleen – 6 on the 1930 census for Mobile
o Gordon
o Nellie
o Willie
o Bessie Oct 1884

When William died about 1883 Dr H G Leigh was appointed guardian for Lena. Nathaniel Gregory was appointed guardian of Charlie after William’s death in 1930 Charlie was in Mobile AL.

After William’s death Sippi had a child out of wedlock – Bessie E born abt 1885. Bessie became a missionary in TN and married Foggy PUCKETT. Moved to Montana.

Virginia then married William A Bohannon 2 Dec 1888. (May have been in the insane asylum in Williamsburg in 1880 in Richmond’s poor house in 1900 census – later killed by a train) and had Alexander W. BOHANNON. It is not known at this time what happened to Alex

1900 census both Alexander W & Bessie E in the Bethany Home for Friendless Children in Richmond.

Virginia tried repeatedly to claim her TABB inheritance in Richmond City and Chesterfield county for her children.

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Sneed Finney
I knew Samuel R. Sneed of Oxford, Ohio, during the 1978-1980 time frame. His nickname was Skip and he lived in Fairfield Ohio, drove a red Fiat Spider he called Frieda. Skip had a lovely little dog named Tudor. Skip's mother, Barbara (which is also my first name), worked in the purchasing department at Miami University. His grandmother lived in a small house very close to Miami U's president's residence.

Skip moved to Dayton, Ohio around 1979 and I lost contact with him shortly after that. During this time, my last name was Finney.

I remember him most fondly and often find myself wondering how his life turned out.

I hope this information may help you in some way.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions