Search for content in message boards

Tierneys in County Tyrone

Tierneys in County Tyrone

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 3:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tierney Starr
My great grandfather Francis Joseph Tierney and his brother James Francis left County Tyrone, Village of Omagh in the early 1870s and settled in Litchfield County Connecticut. Their parents' names were John Tierney and Jane Starr. Any information about the Tierneys in County Tyrone would be appreciated.

Re: Tierneys in County Tyrone

Posted: 14 Mar 2005 10:42PM GMT
Hi Claire,
My maiden name was Tierney and I still live in Tyrone. If you need help feel free to get in touch.

Posted: 15 Mar 2005 1:39AM GMT
Michelle,

Are your Tierneys related to John Tierney? A family tree I found on Ancestry listed him as a son of Owen Tierney. Any background information you could provide would be appreciated.

Claire

Edward Tierney (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2005 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: tierney.
Owen Tierney line? Yes. Need to gather my thoughts as Owen reaches back a few generations. Your interest appreciated. Teddy Tierney.

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Tierney, Starr, Holloran, Ringrose, Walsh
Hello,

My great grandmother was Bridget Tierney Holloran from Norfolk, Conn. She is the daughter of Francis Joseph Tierney and Bridget Carlin Tierney. The mother of Frances Holloran Ringrose, grandmother of Kathleen Ringrose Walsh. Then me, Megan Walsh. France's Ringrose had a sister Elizabeth Starr Holloran. We always knew it was "a family name" , but I am just now tracking it all down. Dd you ever locate any Starrs or Tierneys in Ireland?

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 2:18AM GMT
Hello,

My father was Francis Sam Tierney, son of Francis Leo [Hock] Tierney who was Bridget's younger brother. My father always referred to Bridget as "Bid". Frances was called "Cis" and Elizabeth was called "Dib". I never knew her middle name was Starr! My personal e-mail is albtier@aol.com. I do have information about the Tierneys in Omagh, County Tyrone. I have not located the Starrs there yet. I would be happy to share what I have. Please feel free to e-mail me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic