Search for content in message boards

"Romantic Kent" and "The Arnold's of Kent"

"Romantic Kent" and "The Arnold's of Kent"

Posted: 20 Jun 2012 11:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
"Romantic Kent," sounds very interesting. If you have anything on "The Arnolds of Kent" I'd love to hear about it. "Frederick or Frietrig Johann Arnoldi"is the earliest ancester I've been able to trace but any info on him and his very large family would be greatly appreciated. His sons Frederick Jr.,& Christopher,took land at Kent Bridge, 6 yrs later they had not only farmed the land but also operated a Grist Mill and store. The area was known as Arnold's mills.Frederick Sr. died 1812.Frederick Jr. est. a Foundry in production 50 yrs. Christopher commisioned the building of a bridge across the Thames River at the mills. 30 yrs later another bridge was built and renamed Kent bridge. Christopher Arnold was one of the commissioners presiding over the Court of Requests first held 1832. John the ex Ranger had married and settled down near his brother Lewis at Louisville. Lewis Arnold born 1769 just a year between 2 babies he was b. before the American Revolution and lived to see the war of 1812 and the confederation of Canada in 1867. He died at 99 years, 5 m. 12 days. Ludwig Lewis, Solomon,Maria Barbara, Medlin Polly Arnold etc. Thank you. Marlene Russell

Re: "Romantic Kent" and "The Arnold's of Kent"

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 2:42PM GMT
Surnames: Arnold, Williston, Masson
There is an article about the Arnold Family online at http://www.angelfire.com/on/kentogs/ArnoldGathering.html

I have two descents from Frederick Arnold:
1. Christopher Arnold > Eve Arnold > Martha Ann Masson > William Williston

2. John Arnold > Barbary Arnold > John A. Williston > William Williston.

If you are a descendant, perhaps we can share information.

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 4:21PM GMT
Harriet Jane Arnold Born Mar. 13, 1818 & Died Dec. 20, 1893,(wife of Benjamin B. Lenover) was the great grandmother of my grandmother, Evalyn May Lenover. She was born April 17, 1898 in Pontiac, Michigan and died in Chatham General Hospital on August 20, 1982
Harriet was the mother of George Lenover and grandmother of Benjamin Joseph Lenover (my grandmother's father)

Eva (Eve) Arnold Born Sept. 12, 1811 and Died Nov. 12, 1885,wife of Otto(Otis)Ingalls, was the great grandmother of my grandmother on her mother's side.
Eva was the mother of Frederick Arnold Ingalls and grandmother of Eunice Victoria Ingalls and great grandmother of Evalyn May Kimmerly.
Is the "Frederick Arnold Memorial Society of Canada" (as mentioned in "The Arnold Gathering" article, still in existence? Do they still have get togethers?
Here's hoping to hearing from you
Janice

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 4:41PM GMT
Hi Janice,

I do not know if the Arnold picnic still exists. You might check with the Chatham-Kent Library at http://www.chatham-kent.ca/PublicLibraries/Genealogy/Pages/G...

Harriet Arnold is my 3rd great-aunt, sister of my third great-grandmother, Eve Arnold who married 1)Louis Masson; 2) Les Hardy; 3) Nathaniel Leonard Williston. I descend from Eve/Louis's daughter Martha Ann who married John Williston, son of Barbary Arnold and Nathaniel Leonard Williston.

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 10:26PM GMT
Hi everybody, if you are interested in seeing my family tree for the Stentons and the Arnolds please include your correct email or user name so I can officially invite you as a guest to browse my tree.

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 10:28PM GMT
Hi Janice I tried to send you an invite to browse my family tree but it came back need a valid email. Marlene

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 4:42PM GMT
Hi Marlene
My email address is : banderson9@cogeco.ca

Thanks

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 4:03AM GMT
I bought a copy today and there is one more copy at Starlight Books, Newmarket, Ontario for $40 plus HST. (905) 898-7179

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 8:57PM GMT
Hi Parresearch: Glad you found the book, but if the last one isn't sold I will probably get it. Can you tell me how worthwhile you feel it is?Will be going to a Dr.'s appt in Richmond Hill on Jan 7th so will see if they can set it aside for me. Marlene Russell of the Arnold/Stenton family ancestor Frederick Frietrig John Arnold from Germany and settled in Kent Bridge. thanks again.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 9:06PM GMT
I just phoned them and they are holding the last book for me. Now, I would be very greatful to hear from you as to your thoughts on the book.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions