Search for content in message boards

Broughton Lore

Broughton Lore

Posted: 2 Apr 2007 11:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
HI,

Does anyone remember a possible murder/suicide that supposedly took place at Broughton Hospital in the 1970s. The people involved were staff not patients. It also could have been a
doctor and nurse. I worked there and was told of the event
but few details.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Broughton Lore

Posted: 12 Apr 2007 7:40AM GMT
Surnames: To many to name!
I'm not sure. I am sure that there were all sorts of things that went on ther. I know that there have been murderrs that have went on, in which bodies have been buried on the premises, in undisclosed places over the years. Most of these events no one knows about. I know that that this is a fact from people in which have been commited over the years and also people that have worked there over the past years.
I am interested in finding out more about what you are requesting. Please let me know more, when you find out any info. I would appreciate it.
Thanks!
Sincerely,
Donna Caviness

Re: Broughton Lore

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:40AM GMT
It reportedly happened in S unit (also called the hill, where extended care and youth division were), which is now torn down for the new hospital to be built. I was told the doctor was a psychiatrist (I have been trying all night to remember both their names) and the nurse was breaking it off with him. He reportedly called her into his office, locked the door, and stabbed her to death with a pair of scissors. He then supposedly turned the scissors on himself.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions