Search for content in message boards

Captain James Cook's brother John

Captain James Cook's brother John

Terry Walsh (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jan 2010 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: cook
Has anyone have information on whether John Cook 1727 - 1750, Brother of Captain James Cook, RN ever married, given that he died at the age of 22.

Re: Captain James Cook's brother John

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2010 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: cook, batts
I too am researching Capt James Cook's family.Sorry I don't have the information you need. I am searching for Duncan Cook, who may have been Nathaniel Cook's grandson,it is difficult to find personal information , as the relatives of Capt Cooks sister, claim to be the only descendants. Duncn Cook was born 1799 in Liverpool to James Cook, mariner. We believe James Cook was the son of Nathaniel Cook and he was born 8-1-1780. Two months later Nathaniel was lost at sea. Capt Cook's wife Elizabeth Batts destroyed all personal papers after the Captain's murder.

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 11:31AM GMT
Surnames: Cook
Hi, I am a living relation to John Cook, I have the family tree in front of me. I do not have all the information but he was married and I know of his son Ernest (because he is our direct line) but I do not know of siblings to Ernest and I do not know John's wife's name. My uncle researched the family tree while he was alive but did not complete it before he died. Most of my family are in England. My parents emigrated from England in 1960. Regards Karen

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 4:31AM GMT
Hello, I have been told by my father that I am decended from John Cook. Do yu have any info on the family tree?

Thanks,
Bobby Cook
email: bobcatcook@gamil.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions