Search for content in message boards

Watertown, NY

Watertown, NY

Posted: 24 May 2011 4:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schermerhorn
My great grandmother's death cert. Martha Lodema Schermerhorn Morse born Watertown, NY listed her father as Cornelius Schermerhorn.from Holland..there are so many listed with this name Does anyone know of a passenger ship listing from Holland to Watertown NY? I can not find his death listing in NY either. Any links would be helpful

Re: Watertown, NY

Posted: 24 May 2011 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Schermerhorn
What was her date of death? Most Schermerhorns descend from Jacob Janse, immigrant 1664 from Holland. She sounds like her father must have come much more recently than that! So the date would help a lot in determining whether she is part of the earlier family or not.

Try Findagrave.com for either her grave or his.

And try Olivetree.com for ships lists, if you haven't already, in addition to Rootswebs' list--I can't recall exactly the URL, but if you go to the message board and look under "other" you should find it.

Good luck,
Doris

Re: Watertown, NY

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 3:39AM GMT
I too have a copy of her death certificate, I have contacted her gr.great granddaughter who has sent me pics of her headstone and have found his wife but I can't not find and info on his death or burial, But do have other info on other children. i hope you have made some new discoveeries since you posted this. Good Luck!
He was my gr. gr. grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions