Search for content in message boards

Missing parents on SS-5

Missing parents on SS-5

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Sep 2013 4:05PM GMT
Just received copy of a SS-5 and the parents listed was marked through. Has anyone experienced this? What gives? I have probably 30 to 40 forms and I have never seen this. Looks like someone took a wide Sharpee and marked through lines 7 and 8 over both the father's and mother's name. You can tell something was there, but not enough to decipher what it says. I

Re: Missing parents on SS-5

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 1:29PM GMT
From the Social Security Website - Thanks to Identity Thieves

SS-5 requests involving extreme age:
•Please Note: We will not disclose information about any person in our records who is under 120 years old, except in those cases where we have acceptable proof of death (e.g., death certificate, obituary, newspaper article, or police report).
•Also, under our current policy, we do not release the parents’ names on an SS-5 application unless the parents' are proven deceased, have a birth date more than 120 years ago, or the number holder on the SS-5 is at least 100 years of age.

Re: Missing parents on SS-5

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 2:26PM GMT
The individual is on the death index, what more do they need!! Sorry, I am just venting, as the brick wall gods have struck again!! Thanks for the info, you're great!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic