Search for content in message boards

Carroll's of Coosa County Alabama

Carroll's of Coosa County Alabama

Jimmy Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2006 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll, Waldrip, Burton, Morris, Brooks
I am looking for any information on my G, G, Grand father, Siblings & Parents.
Below is a list of names & the are lived in 1934. This data was pulled from a news paper obituary of my GG grandfather Newton G. Carroll died in 1934 & lived in Chilton County.

Brother: John W. Carroll – Lived in Wetumpka, Al in 1934
Sister C.E. (Carroll) Waldrip – Talladega, Al in 1934
Sister J.P. (Carroll) Burton – Sylacauga, Al in 1934
Sister Wiley (Carroll) Morris – Sylacauga, Al in 1934
Sister K.O. (Carroll) Brooks – Verbena, Al in 1934
Brother W.J. Carroll – Lived in Montgomery, Al in 1934

The second list of names is from the same family derived from the 1880 Census for Coosa County Weogufka Beat.

Father John A. Carrel Farmer
Mother Cynthia (Little) Carrel
Newton Carrel age 12
John W. Carrel age 9
Colemfeny Carrel age 7
Nancy I. Carrel age 5
Fannie E. Carrel age 5 months

I checked the 1879 census for Coosa County & could not locate a John Carroll so they must have lived elsewhere. The 1880 Census states John A. Carroll was born in Alabama but I am not sure if it is correct.

The spellings of these names may be wrong but if anyone thinks thay may fall under these people, please let me know.

Thanks

Re: Carroll's of Coosa County Alabama

Posted: 21 Aug 2006 9:07AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Ellis
Im also looking for Carrolls in Coosa Co Alabama.

The first set show up in 1850 Hatchet Creek Coosa Co
James b. 1798 in South Carolina
Cynthia/Cintha b. btw. 1810-1814 in Georgia
Ellenor/Ellen b. abt 1838 in Georgia
Delilah b. abt 1846 in Georgia
Henry b. abt 1849 in Georgia
Nancy

then a little further down the page

Leonard Carroll b. 1 in South Carolina
Green Carrol b. 1817 in Georgia (Blind)

In 1860 Leonard died and I find the others from the first listing still in Coosa County but living in Rockford. Minus Nancy who must have married.

James is deceased by 1870 I cant find his wife or two daughter, Ellen and Delilah. Son Henry married Mary J ELLIS 16 December 1860 in Autauga Co.and by the census of 1870 have a daughter A.C Carroll.

1880 Henry and his family are living with his mother Cynthia and two unmarried sister Ellen and Delilah and we learn the daughter's name was Amy.

Im really trying to go forward to go backwards because I am trying to link Leonard Carroll and James Carroll to my 5x great grandfather Leonard Carroll who had a son (my 4x great grandfather Samuel) who moved to the Ohio boarder area of West Virginia in the 1820s. If you or anyone know anything about these people please let me know. Thanks!

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 8:19PM GMT
my ggrandmother is CF Addie Carroll, married Marion Lafayette Sullivan. Her mother on death certificate is Delilah Carroll, and her infants are buried in same grouping in Rockford cemetery with James and Cynthia Carroll, so I think this is the same Delilah. I have no further information past James. Do you have any concerning Addie? you can contact me at cmemd2003@yahoo.com also,

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 8:55PM GMT
Surnames: CARROLL, GILES, JACKS, LITTLE
NEWTON WAS MY GRANDFATHER, THEY CALLED HIM TOBY HE WAS MARRIED TO EMALINE EDITH JACKS. HIS DAUGHTER LEILA WAS MY MOTHER AND SHE MARRIED CURTIS GILES FROM CLANTON. I HAVE SOME INFO BUT I AM STILL TRYING TO LOCATE WHERE JOHN A CARROLL IS BURIED, HE MARRIED JACINTHIA C LITTLE. DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS? THERE IS A CARROLL FAMILY REUNION ON 6/16/2007 IN CLANTON, AL. THIS YEAR AS THERE HAS BEEN FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME. WILLING TO HELP WITH ANY INFO I HAVE. YOU CAN E-MAIL ME DIRECT IF YOU WISH JUST PUT CARROLL FAMILY AS SUBJECT. WHO WERE YOUR PARENTS? FRAN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions