Search for content in message boards

Wright's of Howard township, Kent COunty Ontario

Wright's of Howard township, Kent COunty Ontario

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 1:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wright
I am looking for James Wright(son of William Wright Sr and Mary Simmons)... I know he married in Sept? 1868 to Rozilla/Rosella, but her last name is unknown...She died Feb 1898..Buried in Ridgetown, ont Greenwood cemetary... I am looking for her LAST NAME and her family. I have looked everywhere and i am baffled..(i have some clues- from their childrens births but they are all different last names) Though i know she was born in New York state according to death record and some census... I am looking for valid marriage record, which i hopes gives me some enlightment so i can further my research

Re: Wright's of Howard township, Kent COunty Ontario

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: WRIGHT, DORION
This is from Mary Crandall's site.
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~maryc/kent1868.htm

Kent County, 1868

microfilm MS248, reel 8, vol 23, Kent Co marriages 1858 - 1869

On this page, residence is given before birth place.

Format: Groom’s name, groom’s age, groom’s residence, groom’s birthplace, groom’s parents, bride's name, bride's age, bride's residence, bride's birthplace, bride's parents, witnesses’ names, witnesses’ residence, date of marriage.

No. 271 [in #271,groom’s and bride's parents surnames not given]

James WRIGHT, 22, Howard, Howard, s/o William & Mary, married Roshahi? (Rozilla) DORION, 16, Howard, Mich. U.S., d/o (not given) & Mary, witn: Daniel McLARN (McLAREN?), Jane WRIGHT, both of Howard, 21 September 1868.

If you have any of the children's marriage records, it should have their mother's maiden name.

Re: Wright's of Howard township, Kent COunty Ontario

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: Wright, James and Rozilla/Rosella ????
in your reply to my message, it has Dorion, Dorn, Doan and this is the real bafflement- Mitton on different childrens birth records... i have looked at the census thinking the family had to been there in 1861 ---but i cannot find Rosella/Rozilla at all.. my only option is, i think, to find the records for Greenwood cemetary in Ridgetown, ontario to see what they have on record... do you happen to know where i can find this out.i have even searched the newspapers at chatham, library.... there has to be something. And yes i have that brief marriage notice but i feel is incomplete. maybe Dorion was her Middle name??? Another option is to find church record --which church that was present in the 1868 era.. thanks so far for your help... i want to eventually trace her birth to NewYork state -- i think her family were immigrants..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions