Search for content in message boards

GORDON, Ruby "Jeanne" Opera Singer (1885-1952) owner of Glen Gordon Manor

GORDON, Ruby "Jeanne" Opera Singer (1885-1952) owner of Glen Gordon Manor

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 9:42PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 6 Jan 2014 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: GORDON, WAYNE, LINDBERG, McINTYRE, McKENZIE
I am not related to this family.

Attached are some articles about the opera star Ruby GORDON, who used the name Jeanne GORDON. She owned a beautiful estate on Lake Erie, "Glen Gordon Manor", which is still standing.

According to the newspaper articles, she was the daughter of D. A? (her bio says John) GORDON MP and Rose. She had a daughter Mrs. David WAYNE.

There is a connection to Jean GORDON (Mrs. Scott LINDBERG) of South Africa and London Ontario.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Gordon

http://demokidblog.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/jeanne-gordon-op...
Attachments:

Re: GORDON, Ruby "Jeanne" Opera Singer (1885-1952) owner of Glen Gordon Manor

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 8:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi talbotrail

I'm very circuitously connected to the Gordon family through marriages. With the help of a 'cousin' in Brisbane - who is connected to the Lindberg line, we've put together quite a bit of information.

I'd be delighted to pass on what I have for Ruby 'Jeanne' Gordon if you can contact me ... chiadfhear@btinternet.com ... She was the sister-in-law of Otto (Scott) Lindberg - he changed his name 'for business reasons'

Regards

Andy

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 4:54PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 19 Nov 2012 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: GORDON, FOX, TRIX, WAYNE
Attached is the 22 Feb 1952 death notice from The Windsor Daily Star for Ruby "Jeanne" GORDON. Statements from the newspaper:

She was the only daughter of David Alexander GORDON and Rose FOX GORDON.

She was married to Detroiter Ralph TRIX in 1908 but was divorced some years later.

Jane Gordon, her only child, is married to movie actor David WAYNE and lives with their two girls and one son in Hollywood.

Of the eight brothers only three survive, they are A. St. Clair GORDON, Wallaceburg, Rowley GORDON, Chatham, and Ney K. GORDON, Montreal.

Mrs. Wayne indicated that burial would be in Montreal.

There is a headstone for her in Wallaceburg at Riverview Cemetery.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=go...;
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 6:31PM GMT
Thanks for all that info ... greatly appreciated.

Andy

Posted: 30 Dec 2013 5:14AM GMT
Hello,
This is my family tree and I can try and answer any questions you have. Ruby's daughter, Jane, and the Lindberg's were first cousins. I visited Glen Gordon Manor summer of 2008, now owned by the Gold family, and it is still a beautiful home. Thank you for posting all of the information. By the way, Jane has twin daughters that I am in contact with and her son died in the late1960's in a rafting accident I believe in Canada. His body was sadly never found.

Kristine in California
ksgkendig@yahoo.com

Posted: 30 Dec 2013 5:17AM GMT
Hi Andy,
How are you related and who would you pass the information onto? My great-grandfather, Robert Gordon, was the brother (the oldest out of all the boys) to Ruby. I spent years contacting all of the Gordon cousins and had yet to come across your name.

Kristine Gordon Kendig in California
ksgkendig@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic