Search for content in message boards

Albert Guralski obituary look-up

Albert Guralski obituary look-up

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Guralski, Goralski, Guralska
Is there anyone in the Wausau area who could look up an obituary for me for Adalbert "Albert" Guralski who died about November 1, 1914. I don't have an exact date of death but the family in other parts of the state were notified on Nov 1, according to a new article. The last name has also been spelled Goralski, and Guralska. If possible I would also like the obituary of his son Frank Guralski who died about Nov 14, 1914, just about 2 weeks after his father. I'm wondering if the two deaths are related (accident?) or if they are just coincidental. Both deaths occurred in Wausau, although both parties lived in Poniatowski.

Thank you for any help.

Re: Albert Guralski obituary look-up

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 5:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2012 5:01PM GMT
I'm a Myszka with Guralski's in my family tree. John Guralski, Sr. married Margaret Bloczynski. They had a son named Albert but the age isn't right for your question. The John Guralski family had 18 children. Maybe their Albert was named after an uncle?

Romy Myszka Antioch, California

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Guralski Mishka Myszka
Hi, I'm sorry for the late reply but I didn't get the email notice that someone had posted a reply. The Albert I'm looking for is the father of your John Guralski Sr. I knew that Albert's oldest daughter Helen married a Myszka and later changed their name to Mishka but you have a connection thru John?

Guralski and Myszka

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 10:47PM GMT
Surnames: Guralski, Myszka
My connection is through Szymon Myszka, the patriarch of all the Myszka's in and around Poniatowski, Town of Rietbrock, Marathon County, WI

Romy Myszka

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 2:48AM GMT
I am a Frisque but Guralski is my family. I have John Guralski as having a son Albert. I do not have much information on him but as soon as I read further in our family book I will let you know.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 2:51AM GMT
I think you have gotten further in my family tree than I have so I would appreciate any help. I have John Guralski Sr as having a son Albert. Are you saying that John Guralski Sr's father is Albert and his brother is Frank?

Thank you for your help.

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 10:53PM GMT
PONIATOWSKI MAN DROPPED DEAD HERE
Albert Guralski Died Suddenly This Morning of Heart Failure
LIVED HERE 34 YEARS
Retired From Active Work Ten Years Ago On Account of Declining Health
Albert Guralski, who resides at Poniatowski in the town of Rib Falls, dropped dead this morning near the home of his son, Joseph Guralski, 702 Sherman street. As the aged man was slowly walking down the street, several women on the opposite side of the street, saw him stagger and fall. Their cries attracted the attention of others, and when assistance came he had expired.
Immediately the police and Coroner Frawley were notified. The coroner, after an examination, stated that death was due to heart failure, and that no inquest was necessary. The deceased was removed to the home of his son.
Mr. Guralski came to Wausau Tuesday to visit his son, Frank, who is very ill at his home on South Third avenue. Since that time he has been visiting his children in the city. Last night he visited his daughter, Mrs. L. Myshka, 617 Fulton street. This morning he arose at an early hour. He appeared to be in good health and ate a hearty breakfast and then started to visit his sick son, stating that he intended to return in the evening and attend church on Sunday morning.
The deceased was born in Germany seventy-eight years ago. He was united in marriage in the fatherland, and thirty-four years ago the family came to Wausau to make their home. Nine years later he moved to a farm in the town of Rib Falls, where he lived until about ten years ago, when he gave up his active business pursuits on account of ill health. With his wife, he made his home with his son, John, in the village of Poniatowski.
The body will be taken to his son's home in the town of Rib Falls Monday, and the funeral will be from St. Joseph's church either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Wausau Daily Record-Herald
Volume VII, Number 8018
Saturday, 31 Oct 1914
Page 1, Column 1

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 1:03AM GMT
Thank you very much!

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 4:21AM GMT
Classification: Death
BTW, I didn't find any obit for Frank. I checked out the entire month of November 1914.
I also forgot to attach the file of Albert's obit before. It should be attached now.
Attachments:

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 4:56AM GMT
Surnames: Myszka, Goralski, Myshka
L. Myshka is Louisa Myshka wife of Leo. also known as Helena Louisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions