Search for content in message boards

German translator

German translator

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have found many records in the Trebon Archives online who are my ancestors but am having trouble being able to translate them.....does anyone have any ideas?
How does one go about finding a translator?
thanks

Re: German translator

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 6:43PM GMT
Please attach the record so that a translation may be done.
Jean

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 8:49PM GMT
not sure how to attach, so will probably have to find a translator....or, learn a little German. I will call the local LDS research library. They will have some ideas. Thanks.

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 4:52PM GMT
think they will be in czech language, or not?

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 5:51PM GMT
Parrish books are in Czech, Latin or German. Depends on area or time period.

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 6:24AM GMT
There is another hurdle and that is simply reading the entries. They frequently used a script that is very hard to read and abbreviations. You will save yourself a lot of work if you find a good translator. I have used a very competent researcher by the name of Iva Steinova. She primarily does research on Jewish geneaology so she does German, Czech and Hebrew into English and knows the research ropes. You might try contacting her at i-e-stein@seznam.cz (She is not related to me although we have the same last name)
Michael Stein

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 8:03PM GMT
TY all for your help...

Since my first inquiry, I have bought a book on German genealogy words, and the translations of them. And, I do have some Latin education, so I have painstakingly been able to translate the records on my own. After awhile, the Catholic records use the same words, so once I got that, it wasn't quite as difficult.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic