Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel Parker, John Parker, Gouldman Parker, Richard Parker

Nathaniel Parker, John Parker, Gouldman Parker, Richard Parker

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker
Is Nathaniel Parker married to Ann Clayton or Elizabeth Collier?
The John I have is married to Molly "Mary" Rogers. Who had Gouldman. (1820 Census shows Molly and Gouldman and Elijah in King/Queen Co. VA)
Gouldman married Frances Gresham and had a Richard Parker in 1809.
I have a Richard Parker who was born in 1809 and married an Aley "Alice" UNKNOWN
and lived in Macon Co. Tennessee, Wayne Co Missouri and Texas County Missouri area. 1880 Census shows he was last in Clinton Township Texas County Missouri. Can anyone help me on this ?

Linda
brownthrush_01@yahoo.com

Re: Nathaniel Parker, John Parker, Gouldman Parker, Richard Parker

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 10:11PM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Rogers, Clayton, Bledsoe
Linda,

Samuel Parker was one of Gouldman's children. According to Samuel's Bible, his brother Richard G. Parker was born June 6, 1809, and died May 23, 1826. Samuel was my gggrandfather. His Bible belongs to a cousin in Texas.

Gouldman's parents were John Parker and Mary Rogers. Most sources has Nathaniel married to Ann Clayton. After she died, Nathaniel married the widow Mary Ramsey Bledsoe. I have not heard of an Elizabeth Collier.

Kate

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 4:54PM GMT
Kate,
Is there a way you can find out who Richard G. Parker's children are. Are they in the same bible ? And does it say who Richard's Wife is?
Linda
brownthrush_01@yahoo.com

Posted: 17 Jun 2008 2:55PM GMT
Linda,

Unfortunately, the Gible doesn't. However, I noticed this posting on genforum, which might resolve one of your questions:

"These three Collier sisters (all daughters of Robert H. Collier of Wilson Co., Tn), all born in Tennessee, migrated with their husbands to Missouri and then on to Grayson Co., Tx (ca 1850)…

Elizabeth (Betsy) Collier Parker (wife of Nathaniel Parker)
Aley Collier Patterson (wife of Benjamin Patterson)
Charlotte Collier Cother (wife of Reuben Cother/Cauther)

A brother, Tilman T. Collier migrated from Tn to Ark and then on to Guadalupe Co., Tx (ca 1850). A sister, Adaline Collier Woodward migrated (ca 1850) from Tn to Guadalupe Co., Tx. Their brother, Albert H. Collier might have migrated to Texas as well.

I would be very interested in corresponding with any descendants of these Collier children. Perhaps we can help each other in researching these folks. You can email me at dboots3144@aol.com."

I assume this would have been Nathaniel the 3rd, another brother to Gouldman and Richard.

Kate

Posted: 17 Jun 2008 3:16PM GMT
If I could spell Bible it would be OK.

The children of John Parker and Mary Rogers were the following (at least according to genealogists):
Birth Death

Phebe 04 June 1774
Gouldman 30 Nov 1775 19 May 1836
Caty 29 Oct 1777 01 Aug 1799
John 23 Feb 1780
Sally 07 Dec 1781 29 Oct 1805
Elizabeth 22 Dec 1783
Thomas 13 Jan 1786
Elijah 23 Jan 1788
Polly 06 Jan 1790
Nancy 19 Feb 1792
Susannah 27 Feb 1794
Rebekah 13 Mar 1796
Lucy 20 Jun 1798
Nathaniel 15 Feb 1801

Posted: 18 Jul 2014 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Do you know who has the Samuel Parker Bible? Or where a copy of the Bible is recorded? I am trying to help a Parker descendant prove her DAR papers.

Mary

Posted: 19 Jul 2014 12:11PM GMT
Dear Mary,

I am afraid I can't be of much help with the Bible. It is held by a quite elderly relative (in her nineties) so far as we know. Are you a DAR member? It might be helpful if I knew what line she is using.

Posted: 19 Jul 2014 3:50PM GMT
Yes, I'm a DAR member and our new member is using the John Parker line. I think I have it covered now but I'm still concerned about the Samuel Parker Bible. Do you have a copy of the information that is in that Bible? And if so where did you get it?
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions