Search for content in message boards

childress cousins - Cox

childress cousins - Cox

Posted: 14 Jul 2001 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Oct 2003 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: CHILDRESS, COX, CROW
I am looking for 2 cousins on my grandmother's side of the family. JOHN COX AND JULIAN B. COX. I believe them to be related to my great grandmother HENRIETTA CHILDRESS (daughter of GEORGE L. B. CHILDRESS AND LUCRETIA A. CAMERON.

Any help in finding John and Julian would be very appreciated. Thanks so much

A. Gene Mathis

Re: childress cousins - Cox

Posted: 23 Jul 2001 7:31PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Childress, Collard, Youngblood
I am the grandson of Pearl Lea Childress-Youngblood. She was a daughter of Wilson Alsendar (W.A.)Childress. He was a son of George L.B. Childress. I recently visited Randolph Cemetery in near Madisonville and saw the Childress plots for the first time. The rest of the cemetery doesn't look like much, but it looks like someone is taking care of the Childress section

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 6:22PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cameron, Chambless, Childress, Collard, Lindley, Rasco, Tolbert
Don,
Could you give me detailed instructions on how to get to the Randolph Cemetery? I tried to find this cemetery a couple of years ago, without any success. Lucretia (Cameron) & George L. B. Childress were the 4th paternal G-GPs of my sons. Elizabeth Evaline "Lizzie" (Tolbert) & William Marvin Childress were their 3rd paternal G-GPs. Annie (Rasco) & George L. B. Childress were their 2nd paternal G-GPs. These ancestors of my sons, & many other Childress relatives, are buried in this cemetery, & I would like to take photos of their tombstones. Where abouts in the cemetery is the Childress plot?

It is my understanding that the descendants of Cornelia Jane Childress & her husband, John Langdon Shannon, look after Randolph Cemetery. Cornelia Jane "Neelie" (Childress) Shannon was a daughter of Lucretia (Cameron) & George L. B. Childress; she was a sister of your ancestor, Wilson Alexander Childress, Sr.
Judy

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Childress
To get to the Randolph Cemetery take the OSR (Old San Antonio Road) out of Normangee towards IH 45. You can turn right just after passing the Rogers Prairie Cemetery or you can continue toward IH45. There will be a sign pointing to the Randolph Cemetery. It is down a gravel road.

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 7:51PM GMT
Thanks, Don!

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 8:06PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Childress
The Childress section of the Randolph Cemetery is very easy to spot. Randolph is visably devided into two sections. The black section is on the left and the white section is on the right. The cemetery is rather small. I recognized some of the other names as also being ancestors from other lines; Rogers, Batson, Shannon. The father of George L.B. Childress is Levi Childress. He is burried in Hill County north of Waco. There are other Childresses from the same line in that area. I have been in contact with some of that line, however I have had a computer crash and have lost their e-mail addresses.

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 8:13PM GMT
Don,
Thanks again for all of the info. You & my ex-husband are 3rd cousins, once removed: he's a descendant of Wilson A. Childress's older brother, William Marvin Childress.
Judy

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I saw in an old post that you were going to the Randolph Cemetery to take photos of grave markers. I am descendant of George L.B. Childress also; my grandfather was Charlie Lewis Childress. Did you find the cemetery easily, or are there anymore details you could give me about going.
Kathleen Childress Holt
daughter of William Charles Childress
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions