Search for content in message boards

James Augustus Mock

James Augustus Mock

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 9:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mock, Frank, Atwood
Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone had any information or know where I could look for information on a James Augustus Mock. He married Amanda Pearson Frank on August 17, 1871 in Davidson County, North Carolina. She is the daughter of Christian Frank of Rowan County, North Carolina and I believe Mehetable "Hettie" Bailey of Davie County, North Carolina. I am not sure of James Mock's parents but I think they are Thomas A. Mock and Elizabeth (?) and I am not sure where they are from. James Mock and Amanda Frank had a daughter named Lelia Mock who married Ellis Franklin Atwood.

Again any information on James Augustus Mock would be helpful. Especially who his parents are and where they came from.

Thanks!

Re: James Augustus Mock

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 10:12PM GMT
we may be part of your family. my father is Thomas Ronnie Mock son of John Augustus Mock son of Augustus Mock married to Amanda Frank Mock. What we know about Augustus Mock is that He returned home from The Civil War and told His wife he was leaving. he left her with 4 children, one of which was my great grandfather john Augustus Mock.If you have any information that you would like to share please feel free to share it with us. We still live in davidson County North Carolina.Thanks! Reba Mock Perrell

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: Mock, Atwood
Thank you so much for the info!! I don't really know that much about the Mock side as I am an Atwood. I think we have to be related somehow! My great great grandmother (I'm pretty young) was Lelia Mock. Daughter of (James) Augustus Mock. I'm guessing she was the sister of your John Augustus Mock and an aunt to your father. No one seems to know what happened to her after her husband, Ellis Franklin Atwood, died. Do you happen to have any information on her? I cannont find where she is buried. She has a headstone with E. F. Atwood but it has no death date and the cemetery has no record of her being buried there. I'm wondering if maybe she remarried? Also, do you happen to know what unit/regiment/branch or anything that Augustus Mock was in during the Civil War?
I'm so glad you contacted me I didn't think I'd ever get a response from anyone! Anymore info on anyone that you have would be great!

Please correct me on any dates!
I have (James) Augustus Mock born in 1830 in North Carolina. Death and burial unknown. To Thomas and Elizabeth Mock.
His wife being Amanda Pearson Frank being born 18 Jan 1836 in Reedy Creek Township, Davidson, NC. Death 2 Dec 1920 in Reedy Creek, Davidson, NC. Burial: Good Hope United Methodist Church Cemetery in Reedy Creek, Davidson, NC.

Augustus and Amanda's children:
1. Your John Augustus Mock born 19 Jan 1873 in Davidson Co., NC. Death 5 June 1943 in Winston-Salem, Forsyth, NC. Burial unknown. Wife unknown. Children unknown until now, your father Thomas Ronnie Mock.
2. Mary Elizabeth Mock born about 1874 in NC. Death August 1950. Spouse, burial, and children unknown.
3. My Lelia Mock born 1 Jan 1880 in Winston-Salem, Forsyth, NC. Death my grandfather thinks around January of 1850 possibly in Miami, Dade, Florida. But he kind of remembers going to her funeral in NC?? Burial unknown. Spouse: Ellis Franklin Atwood born 25 May 1873 in Greensboro, Guilford, NC. Death 28 Nov 1925 in Winston-Salem, Forsyth, NC. Children: Dewey, Jesse, Arthur Grant, Mary Mae, William Howard (My great grandfather), Lucy, and Blane Monroe.
4. Bertie or Ella Mock born in either 1880 or 1881 in NC. Death, burial, spouse, and children unknown.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 7:35PM GMT
James Augustus Mock was in the the 15 infantry regiment of N.C.
I'm pretty sure that's it if I remember correctly.

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 7:40PM GMT
Any other information you have on him or any of his family would be greatly appreciated! I am having trouble finding anything on them! Thank you for the military information!

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 4:07PM GMT
Hello James,
I am writing a historical document on the Cathey-Hoyle House on 260 S. Main St. Davidson, NC. In my search, i came accross Wilson H. Mock as the owner of that home in 1899. Do you have any information on him?

Thanks for you help.
Khalid

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 6:37AM GMT
James Augustus Mock is my Great great great grandfather. He registered for the Confeferate army in Wake County North Carolina in 1862. All I know is that he was a Private.

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 11:05PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2013 11:23PM GMT
"Gus" Mock is my great great grandfather. He served in company F of the 15th NC infantry and lost a finger at Spotsylvania in 1864, that is according to his pension application from the 1880s. He married Amanda Frank around 1870 I think and my great grandfather John Arthur Mock was born in 1873. Gus disappeared sometime around 1890, there are a couple of different accounts of how he left, but no reason. He has been accused of having been involved in the lynching of Bob Berrier in 1888 or 89. We reckon from census records that he was born in 1846. I think his parents were Thomas and Elisabeth Mock of Winston-Salem, but that is not verified.

Nathan Henry Mock
per page

Find a board about a specific topic