Search for content in message boards

Reed Indian History

Reed Indian History

Angela Martin (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2000 1:39PM GMT
I am looking for any information on Bertha Reed. She was married to Elmer Hart and lived in Wallingford, Vermont. I don't know what type of Indian she was.

REED

Catherine (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 9:27PM GMT
I don't know about your ancestor, however, Vermont and New Hampshire are the homelands of the Abenaki Indians. If this is where she was from, she may have been Abenaki. They now live in VT, NH,and Odenak, Canada. Hope this is helpful.

REED =NATIVE

ERIC FLOYD (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 7:06AM GMT
ANGELA,
THE EARTH WAS HOMELAND FOR MANY NATIVES,GEOGRAPHICS HELP BUT YOU NEED TO USE CAUTION,THEIR WERE MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLES IN THE VERMONT LOCAL,MORE INTERESTING,I FOUND A SMALL CEMETARY IN SALISBURY,CT,UPON DOING SOME RESEARCH, FOR GIGGLES, I FOUND THAT IT WAS A FAMILY WITH THE GO BY NAME OF REED,ONE IS RECORDED WITH FULL INDIAN NAME ON LAND RECORDS,SHE WAS CALLED A PRINCESS IN MANY DOCUMENTS,THE DAUGHTER OF A INDIAN NAMED CHOTE (SP)HE IS ALLSO IN THE SMALL PLOT.INCIDENTLY,MANY NATIVES IN VERMONT "FOR A FACT" CAME FROM RHODE ISLAND,MANY FAIL TO SEE THIS CONNECTION.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT EDBK123@AOL.COM

Giggles

Marshelle Giggles-Mills (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 7:36AM GMT
I am trying to research the ancestry of my surname Giggles.

Any hints, clues, leads you can share would be appreciated.

Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic