Search for content in message boards

Calling descendants of Robert William Smith, New Zealand.

Calling descendants of Robert William Smith, New Zealand.

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 7:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for descendants of Captain Robert William Smith (b London 1815 d. 1876) and latterly of Pipiriki, nr Wanganui, New Zealand, whose children were Robert James Smith, Frances Mary Smith (died infancy), Phillip George Smith, Thomas Stavers Smith, Alfred Smith, William Edgar Smith, Annie Smith (m. Wheeler), Charles Smith, Archibald Louis Smith and Henry Edward Smith. Looking to possible reunion within 5 years.
Andrew Kincaid (b. Wellington 1956, ggggrandchild)

Re: Calling descendants of Robert William Smith, New Zealand.

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Hi. I am not a descendant of Robert William Smith but am researching the Kawhaiki community on the Whanganui River of which he was a part and am interested in any information about RW Smith, his family and his employment during that period. I understand he managed the farm Te Korito for Charles Smith for a period and it is this relationship I am particulalry interested in. Two of his children William Edgar and Thomas Slavers were executors of Charles Smith's will. Many thanks.

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 3:52AM GMT
Hi Michelle how nice to hear from you. Sorry for the delay in responding. I have let my cousin Robert Walls know about your posting. He has been researching the Smith family in some detail. He will respond shortly. I look forward to hearing more about your project in due course. Kind regards Andrew

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 10:27PM GMT
Hi Andrew
Thanks for passing my message on, Robert has since been in touch and clarified a few things for me and I have responded to him. I hope I do find further info of interest to you and your family.
Best wishes
Michelle

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 3:40AM GMT
Many thanks, Michelle.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions