Search for content in message boards

John Burnside/Houmas House research info needed

John Burnside/Houmas House research info needed

Nora Brabham Lawrence (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burnside, Bates, Kenner, Bringier, Colomb, McStea, Value
I am researching a book on John Burnside. Anyone having info on he or anyone who worked at Houmas or his other plantations please contact me.Interested in sharing old records, journals, etc.Also, any info on the old town of Burnside also appreciated.I have quite a bit of info on slave records for those who are searching their roots at Houmas.

john burnside houmas

francis adlophus burnsed (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: john burnside
trying to find out about john burnside bf 1756 or john burnside 1760 of bryan co gerogia his son james m burnside 1803 of bryan co gerogia

John Burnside

Nora Brabham Lawrence (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Not the same John Burnside of Ascension area. There are 2 groups of Burnsides. Scots and Scotch Irish. Check surname Burnside as a general search. There are several Burnside webs. Good luck

Nora

Re: John Burnside/Houmas House research info needed

Posted: 12 Jan 2003 8:09PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2005 5:44PM GMT
Surnames: Burnside, Value
I have a [very] little information on John Burnside -- my great-grandfather Jesse Value was a business partner, and Burnside was the godfather of my grandfather, John Burnside Value. Glad to share what little I have. Renee Overholser

Re: john burnside houmas

Posted: 24 Jan 2004 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2004 10:55PM GMT
I saw your message asking about John Burnside born 1760 of Bryan Co., Ga. It was a couple years old but I thought I would send you this anyway.
I have a John Burnside born 1760, married to Delilah Sheffield. They had children as follows: William M. born abt 1800, Cynthia born 1802, Elizabeth born abt 1785, and James M. born abt 1803.
I have that John died in Bulloch Co., Ga. about 1827. Also that he was from Scotland. The Burnside name was changed in the mid 1800's to Burnsed. John Burnside is as far back as I have been able to find. I one line of his descendants up to present day to myself. Hope this helps.
Jack

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 5:18PM GMT
Surnames: Houmas, Bringier, Tureaud,
I tried to send you an e-mail. I am interested in the "other" Houmas plantations that you mentioned and the information you might have. Likewise, I have information to share. I plan to be working around that area, southeast of Houmas, on a plantation that also shared the “Houmas” name.
To date, in addition to the Houmas House, the "Houmas" plantations included: Monroe, Orange Grove, Clark, Conway, Riverton, and Donaldson. Sometimes Donaldson was interchanged with Burnside/Houmas.
Please contact me directly.

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 5:13AM GMT
I am very interested in the info you have on slaves. Contact me
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions