Search for content in message boards

Marlatt Family

Marlatt Family

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jul 2004 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Marlatt
I am looking for information on the Marlatt Family. Joseph Marlatt born abt 1778 in NJ lived in Adams County Ohio in the 1800. One of his sons was Daniel Marlatt who was born 9/8/1821 in Scott, Adams Co. OH. Daniel's daughter was Clarinda Marlatt she was born 12/25/1842 in Hillsboro, Highland, OH. I have a copy of Joseph's will that mentions Daniel's and Clarinda's name along with Clarinda's cousins Ohio and Missouri Cox. We do not know Daniel's wifes name or Daniels date and place of death. Joseph was married to Sara Frew, she was born in Parksville MO and died in Winchester, Adams, OH. We do not know Sara's date of death or any information about her family.

Re: Marlatt Family

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 1:39PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 9:36PM GMT
My Marlatt family is Silas Marlatt b. North Liberty, Adams Co, Ohio 3 Dec l808 m. Jane Kane. His father was Daniel Marlatt who married Catherine ?. Silas Marlatt's son was Silas Newton Marlatt b. l852 who was my grandfather. Would like to hear from you about this family. They live N.J., Ohio, Kansas and Oklahoma.

Linda Fox (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 9:16PM GMT
Dear Ila:
Your Marlatt family and my Marlatt family may possibly be related. I had another internet buddy who e-mailed me on the Marlatt family who was a decendant of Joseph Marlatt, my Daniel's father. She had heard family stories that Joseph moved to Adams County Ohio, because his brother Daniel lived in Ohio.

My Daniel was born in Scott, Adams County Ohio on 9/8/1821.

His father was Joseph Marlatt. Joseph was born in New Jersey abt 1776. Joseph's wife was Sarah Frew.

I do not have proof but I beleive that Joseph's father was also Joseph Marlatt. Joseph was born abt 1752 in Mansfield twp., Warren co., NJ. This Josephs wife was named Rebecca Shain. I received this information from the LDS site. I am still trying to make this link with some sort of documentation, but so far I have not had any luck. If this is the correct link, the family line could go back as far as Gideon Marlatt who was born in 1623. But for right now I'm taking baby steps to work my way back with documentation.

If you know that your Daniel was the brother of Joseph please let me know. It is always good to here from distant relatives.

Linda

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 9:56PM GMT
Dear Linda,
Yes, I think we are of the same family. I have gathered a lot of Marlatt information and have Daniel's brother Joseph born
about l776 in N.J. Their father was Joseph Marlatt born abt l750, his father John Marlatt b. abt l725. I corresponded with a lady, Mrs. Seeley who had done a lot of genealogy on the Marlatt and sent it to me. I will have to go back and reread this and see what I could give you. Do you have the census records, wills and cemetery records for Joseph? She thought that Joseph's wife was Sarah Frew. We know it was Sarah. I did not know Joseph b. abt l750 wife was Rebecca Shain. Please keep corresponding as we sort this out.

Linda Fox (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2002 12:54AM GMT
Dear Ila:
I do have a will for Joseph Marlatt. Would you like a copy of the will? I do not have any records as to which cemetery he is buried. I had been in contact with someone who had a book of cemeteries and the names of those buried in Adams or Highland County Ohio. He did not have a Joseph or Sarah listed. He did however have a Daniel Marlatt, so I wrote to the county and received a copy of the death log. However it turned out not to be my Daniel. He was born about 40 years after my Daniel. This Daniel died in 1903. Is he related to you?

Do you have any documentation to connect Joseph to Joseph and then to John? I can't even began to tell you how many letters I have written trying to obtain documentation for this line of my family.

Linda Fox

Posted: 2 Feb 2002 12:02AM GMT
Dear Linda,
I tried to send some information via Iwfox@worldnet.att.net and got a return. Do you have another e-mail or do I need to send the Marlatt information on the messege board.

Ila

Linda Fox (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 2:01AM GMT
Dear Ila:
My e-mail address is lwfox@att.net. A while back At&t dropped the worldnet part of the e-mail address. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Linda Fox

Posted: 12 Mar 2003 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: MARLATT-BLOYE-VANPATTEN-RIETKERK
It never fails, I hit a brick wall and I came into these boards and I find someone with the same line looking for help.... This is what I have. First, I have been researching my Marlatt family roots since 1990. Many people have been assisting me. I appreciate every bit of help and information I get.. I help several who have a problem making the connections, I never sell my help!
Now. I have a lady in Ohio whose father was William Lawrence Marlatt, son of Homer Elliott Marlatt b. 1886, son of Ettie E. Marlatt b 1871, daughter of Hiram Marlatt b. abt. 1831. His census information in 1880 said that Hiram was born in Ohio. His father (not named) was born in PA. My figures are just estimates that his father was born some time between 1808 and 1812, in Pennsylvania. I have a Joseph Marlatt in the 1810 PA Census, and he shows up again in the 1820 Census in Ohio. Does anyone have any info on this duo. Also, I Have found a Daniel Marlatt, in the 1880 Census Over 50 and under 60. I found a Fields Marlatt also in the 1880 Census Over 20 and under 30. with 2 children between the ages of birth and 10 years of age. Does anyone know anything about Daniel and Fields.
Please contact me at bipemandan@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic