Search for content in message boards

Franklin newspapers of 1867 and 1872

Franklin newspapers of 1867 and 1872

Chris Maglio (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 3:53AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Eilers, Behrens, Kneiser, Lindenstruth, Meyer
Looking for obit on a John Kneiser buried in Milw.on 8-25-1867, may have been from Franklin.
Looking for birth or death information on Amelia Kneiser born and died in the town of Franklin b.8-1872 d. 9-4-1872 buried in Forest Home Cemetery in Milw.
Does anyone know of a newspaper from Franklin which may have had obits in it during this time period?

Eugenie Kneiser

Posted: 18 Aug 2002 6:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: Kneiser
Hello. I am the daughter of Eugenie Kneiser who married Herbert Strache in Milwaukee, WI in the early 1900's, before 1912.

She had a daughter -- Irma in 1912, a son -- Irving (my now deceased father) in 1924, and then died in childbirth with her baby in 1926.

Any help finding more about the Kneiser family will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Ameriga

Re: Franklin newspapers of 1867 and 1872

Posted: 26 May 2012 5:54PM GMT
If your people were German and if they could read--they probably read the Milwaukee Herold und Seebote Newspaper or the Milwaukee Germania Abendpost. There were other Germany papers in the early years which are on microfilm at the main Milwaukee Public Library. If you know a date, you should go online to the main library and contact their DITTO services. Pricing is cheap, but you must have a date before they will do a search and make copies for you. If there was a obituary--it will be in the old German Script and written in the German language.

Re: Kneiser & Franklin newspapers of 1867 and 1872 (which Franklin?)

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 6:15PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2012 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: Kneiser
Is this posting for Franklin, Jackson Co., in west-central Wisconsin as originally posted, or for the Town of Franklin in Milwaukee Co.?

The newspaper titles referenced in this thread didn't exist in 1867 or 1872.

There are no entries or references to Kneiser in my current version of "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). I've been told by researchers that the library doesn't acknowledge the German newspapers or my approx. 5000 page index donated to their collection.

If this posting is for Franklin, Jackson Co., Wisconsin, a librarian in that area could help focus on a community that published papers for that area in 1867 or 1872.

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions