Search for content in message boards

Frank James

Frank James

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know for sure if they are related to Frank or Jesse? In climbing the family tree on my Mothers side, I was told that my great, great grandmother had relations with frank and my great grandmother was born from the encounter. she was born with her mothers maiden name. the tree ended there. The only way to verify the story would be through dna testing of known relatives. Does anyone know if this is a possibility. I know that the website is working on a dna database but dont know if it will get down to personal dna or just tell you what part of the world your heritage came from. Any one know?

Re: Frank James

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 11:56AM GMT
You Need to get into contact with my cousin Wayne James. He lives in Chattanooga, Tenn.He would Know all about the Frank/ Jesse side of the family Look him up on the computer. it might take a little while to get some answers about who you come from.Because our Family reunion is this weekend.

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 1:07AM GMT
I did a DNA sample on www.23andme.com, and the website said that I was related to Jesse James on my mothers side. I have no idea how. 23andme isn't something I have spent alot of time with, and they don't have anything set up to share with Ancestry, so the help I have gotten from that has not been great for ancestry. They also give you health risks based on your DNA. I can tell you my maternal haplogroup is T2b, and I would share genomes on 23andme if you join.

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 2:26AM GMT
Thanks for the information. I live not far from Chattanooga so I will try to get in touch with him.

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 2:29AM GMT
I had never heard of that site until now. I will check it out. Thanks

Posted: 29 Jun 2013 1:32AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2013 12:06AM GMT
My Mom has a copy of a letter stating that Frank was related to my brothers Grandma some how. I will find it and post a copy of it. Ive been trying to figure it out for my brother and its confusing. The letter is addressed to a Nancy, who it says is his mother in law.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions