Search for content in message boards

BERNASH-LAJEUNESSE

BERNASH-LAJEUNESSE

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I'm looking for info on:

George Bernash possibly married to Joséphine Lajeunesse (Sept. 27th 1885).
Joséphine's parents: Stanislas Lajeunesse & Julie Morin.

I would like to know the names of George's parents and where the marriage took place.

Thank you!
Claire

Re: BERNASH-LAJEUNESSE

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 2:17AM GMT
I'm not sure why you posted in Marathon County - did they have some connection there?
It looks like they ended up in Washington State. You can search for death, marriage and other records at the digital archives here.
http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/Home

George Bernash died in 1929 in Clark County. It said his father's name was Peter Bernash.

Josephine remarried in 1932 to Xavier St. Jaques. It looks like she died not long after. Her father's name is listed as John Young, but her French surname could be translated loosely that way.

I didn't find a marriage for them yet, but there are marriages at that site for some of their children.

Objet : Re: BERNASH-LAJEUNESSE

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 3:17AM GMT

Thank you so much!

I just found info on Family Search regarding their marriage which took place in Marathon, Wisconsin. There is also a U.S. Census 1900, Cowlitz, Washington. So you were right, they moved there.
I'm glad to have the link, so may be I will find something else..
Thanks again for your help!!!

Re: Objet : Re: BERNASH-LAJEUNESSE

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 3:47AM GMT
I also found newspaper articles on the marriages of Marion and Lucy Bernash. I will be glad to send them to you by email if you write to me at widdis77777(at)hotmail.com

It seems Lucy Bernash married an Alonzo McMullen when she was 18 and he was 16. They were together in the 1920 census, then I found another marriage for Lucy McMullen and Alonzo McMUllen in 1922 - so perhaps they divorced and remarried? At any rate, Alonzo was with a Berniece in 1930, and in 1940 he was listed as married, but no wife was with him.

You can find gravestone listings for some of the family at www.findagrave.com

Objet : Re: Objet : Re: BERNASH-LAJEUNESSE

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 4:20AM GMT

WOW!! You work fast...

More and more info on this family, it will be great to work tomorrow (it is after midnight here).
I found death records for George Bernash and Josephine, and her marriage with Xavier St-Jacques.

Thank you again!
My email is: claire26@bell.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic