Search for content in message boards

Help with obit for Emilie W. B. Wolfgram

Help with obit for Emilie W. B. Wolfgram

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 6:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wolfgram
I'm hoping someone can help me find an obit and burial place for Emilie W. B. Wolfgram, wife of August John Wolfgram. Emilie died 6-27-1906 in the Town of Halsey, Marathon, WI. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Re: Help with obit for Emilie W. B. Wolfgram

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 11:15PM GMT
I am related just trying to help I did not find her obit but found Augusts..so maybe they are buried together?

Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune February 19, 1942
August Wolfgram,
82, Passes Away;
Rites Saturday
August John Wolfgram, 82, a
resident of central Wisconsin for
over 30 years, died Wednesday afternoon
at the home of his daughter,
Mrs. Ernest Stevens, in Nekoosa
after a lingering illness.
The Rev. C. A. O'Neill is to officiate
at funeral services to be held
Saturday, February 21, at 3 p. m.
at the Stevens home and 3:30 p. m.
at the Congregational church. Burial
is to be in Riverside cemetery.
Mr. Wolfgram, who was born in
Germany on June 1, 1859, came to
the United States about 56 years
ago with his wife, Amelia Tora
Wolfgram. His parents, Mr. and
Mrs. August Wolfgram, his wife and
four children preceded him in death.
Five sons, Theodore and Albert of
Appleton, Emil and Charles of Chicago
and Paul of Lincoln, Neb., and
three daughters, Mrs. Frank Klapper
of Appleton, Mrs. John Milkey
sr. and Mrs. Ernest Stevens, both
of Nekoosa. survive. He also leaves
two brothers, Fred of Janesville and
Richard of Menomnnee Falls and
two sisters, Mrs. Bertha Kohls of
Reeceville, Wis., and Mrs. Tillie
Staats of Oregon City, Ore.
Voss Funeral Service has charge
of funeral arrangements.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 11:26PM GMT
Thanks for your help, but I know Emilie is not buried with her husband. August is buried in Riverside Cemetery in Nekoosa by one of his sons. He didn't move to Nekoosa from Marathon County until after 1920 and before 1930. Since Emilie died in 1906, she must be buried in Marathon County by the Town of Halsey somewhere.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: Marathon, wolfgram
Hi, my name is Helen and I am a remote Wolfgram cousin. I can give you some suggestions as to how to find where she is buried. Most,not all,Wolfgrams were German Lutherans. I would start by writing letters to Luteran Cemetery Sextons in and near Halsey. She may or may not have had a headstone. If she does, it may not have been entered yet on findagrave but most likely she doesn't have one. Sextons would have information on unmarked graves. Are you near Halsey? You can go to the nearest "big" town for their library or for their univeristy. Almost everyone now has old newspapers on microfilm and you probably can find her obituary as I did with my great great grandmothers 1903 obit. Or if you are near an extrodinarily large university as I am, they may have that paper on microfilm. Here in Oregon the Univerisity of Oregon has a newspaper microfilm department the size of a McMansion with every state. I checked findagrave and did not find an entry for her. And finally don't be so sure where she is buried. My great grandfather died here in Oregon in 1942 only to be buried in Flasher N.D 4 days later.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 10:49AM GMT
According to her death certificate, Emilie died in the town of Halsey from tuberculosis 27 June, 1906 and was buried in Athens (Marathon County, Wisconsin). Umfortunately, there is no cemetery name listed. There are several cemeteries in the Athens area. I think you might want to start with the Athens cemetery on Town Line Road just east of town.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 2:49PM GMT
According to the Marathon County Cemetery Inscriptions Index book by the Marathon County Genealogical Society:

Emilie W.B. Wolfgram was buried in Cemetery # 35 vol 5 page 5. This Cemetery is in Athens Village (Calvary Catholic, St Anthony Catholic, Trinity Lutheran)which is in Halsey Township.

You can either contact the Marathon Co Public LIbrary, the Historical Society of Wisconin in Madison, or the Marathon Co Genealogical Society for a copy of the actual inscription pages included in the Marathon Co Cemetery Inscriptions volumes. They recommend you request a copy of the full page rather than just the information about the person being researched because you may discover other members of the family buried nearby, but of a different surname.
If you know the denomination, you could also contact the church.

I am not related, nor do I have access to obituaries. Best of luck. Bonnie

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 4:07PM GMT
The Marathon County Cemetery Index has this entry:

Emilie W. B. Wolfgram is buried in Cemetery # 035 which is the Athens Cemetery. It is on Townline Road,on the east edge of Athens, and it is bordered on the east by Cemetery Road, which is on the line between section 31 and 32 of Town of Halsey. This cemetery has sections for Calvary Catholic, St. Anthony's Catholic, and Trinity Lutheran Churches.

The Wausau Public Library has the set of books that contain the inscriptions (name, birth and death dates) that were recorded in the 1970's by the Genealogy Society. Emilie Wolfgram's record would be in Volume 5, page 5 in those books.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 4:19PM GMT
Thank you so much everyone for your help, I really appreciate it!

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 12:34AM GMT
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Wo...;

Looks like someone added it to Findagrave.com for you!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions