Search for content in message boards

Barnado children in Canada

Barnado children in Canada

Posted: 23 Mar 2010 1:49PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Edwards
Looking for information on Aline Edwards 1912 & her sister Norah Sophia 1910 arrived in Quebec, Canada in 1922 from Dr Barnado's London.

Re: Barnado children in Canada

Posted: 15 Apr 2010 3:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edwards
Hi,
I found an Elaine N. Edwards b. 3 June 1916, Last Residence=Boise, Ada Co., Idaho who died 25 May 1988. Her soc. sec. # was assigned in Idaho in 1955. Source: Social Security Death Index, Ancestry.

You can request a copy of her obituary at Random Acts Genealogical Kindness. Go to raogk.org, read guidelines, choose Idaho, choose Ada Co. and choose one volunteer.

A Norah Sophia Edwards was Registered=1910, April, May or June, District=Portsmouth, County=Hampshire, Volume 2b. Source: England & Wale Free BMD Birth Index 1837-1915, London, England, General Register Office, Ancestry.

Really need more information about their time in the U.S. Successful Searching!

Posted: 16 Apr 2010 3:37AM GMT
Norah S. Edwards, born 1910, dau of William S. Edwards, 1888-1924 in England, and Sophia Dixon, 1890-1920 in England.
Spouse: James Goldie, marriage about 1932/1933.
She left Southampton for Quebec on the ship Minnedosa on 14 Sep 1922.
--I searched the shipmanifest records for Canada for the ship Minnedosa, but no record identified for arrival 1922.
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/passenger/00104...

Aline Mabel Edwards, born Mar 1912 in Portmouth Hampshire, England, died 1977 in Canada.
She married in 1937 in the Montreal (Anglican Christ Church Cathedral) Quebec.

You will have to identify what data you have concerning their departure from Canada into the USA. The connection to "Dr. Barnado" of London. And, specifically what is the connection to Butte County, Idaho.

Posted: 21 Jul 2014 6:23PM GMT
Aline Edwards was married to my father half brother, William Davidson Stevenson formerly Scatterty ..... I am in touch with Aline and William's family

Posted: 31 Jul 2014 8:25PM GMT
I am not related to Aline Edwards but I was helping one of my cousins who is related to Aline's family. She has asked me to pass on her email address in the hope you will contact her. Jean's email address is jean.hillfield@ntlworld.com
Best wishes Kate

Posted: 31 Jul 2014 9:48PM GMT
hi ..... yes ok thank u for contacting me ..... I will respond to that ..... I have sent my cousins wife in Canada a message asking what the family know about Aline's sister, Norah, but she hasn't been online .... think she's been quite busy of late ...... I know Aline died in 1977 ....... she was married to my uncle, William Davidson Stevenson formerly Scatterty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic