Search for content in message boards

Dr. A.J. Tanny

Dr. A.J. Tanny

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2001 10:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tanny
I am trying to research my family history in Albuquerque. I know Dr. A.J. Tanny was my great grand father but that's all I know. His, grandson, my dad's name is Michael Vincent Tanny if that helps anyone. Anyone know the doctor personally or know something about him. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dr. A.J. Tanny

Wayne (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 11:50PM GMT
Hi Jennifer, Would you know what A.J. stands for? There was a Ansel Tanney/Tanny who was a doctor in my ancestors. His father was born in 1855, I haven't found out Ansel's birthdate yet.They came from Canada so I don't know if he would have migrated all the way done there though.Who knows?!
Bye, Wayne

heather Tanny (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2003 5:10AM GMT
AJ stands for Alfred John

Wayne (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2004 1:25AM GMT
Hi Jennifer, I found your ancestors! I was looking on this site of the Chicago Tribune archives of obits, and found a few of them. Please email me and I'll give you the address for the website. Here's an example:
1949-05-20
Chicago Tribune (IL)
TANNY
Edition: Chicago Tribune
John Tanny, late of 146 N. Parkside avenue, beloved husband of Agnes, nee Hayes, dear father of Michael A., A.J., and Mario, brother of Sister Babarina, B.V.M. of Rome, Italy, and the late Alex, Roger Ostilia, Angelo and Ida Lombardi. Funeral Saturday, May 21, at 9:30 a.m., from funeral home, 103 N. Laramie avenue, at Washington boulevard, to St. Catherine of Siena church. Interment Mount Carmel.

Wayne (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2004 1:54AM GMT
Hi Heather, I found some of your ancestors! I was looking on a website for obits on the Chicago Tribune archives, and found them. Email me and I'll give you the website address.
Here's an example:
1959-08-18
Chicago Tribune (IL)
TANNY
Edition: Chicago Tribune
Mario R. Tanny, beloved husband of Evelyn, nee Velona; fond father of Barbara and Jean Ann Engen, dear brother of Dr. Michael A., and Dr. Alfred J. Tanny of Albuquerque. N. M. Funeral Wednesday, 9 a.m., from funeral home, 6621 W. North avenue, Oak Park, to Divine Providence church, Westchester. Mass 10 a.m. Interment Queen of Heaven Village 8-3010, or ES 9-5151.

Posted: 8 Dec 2013 10:51PM GMT
Hi J.--I am 67 years old and live in Albuquerque, NM. A.J.'s brother, M.A. was my childhood doctor. As far as I remember my grandmother speaking about A.J., he was held in high regard, like M.A. But, I can tell you about M.A., his office was located at 109 Elm St SE. You had to climb a few steps into the building, it was a modern 1930's design. There was a built in aquarium with wonderful fish and in the middle of the waiting room was a round/totally circular couch with the back rest, round tubular--I'm pretty sure it was red velvet, anyway it was special. He gave hi-end large triangular suckers with sturdy, white looped "handles." I loved the root beer ones. M.A. was personable, very kind, quiet spoken---but with knowledge and authority. I remember enjoying going to see M.A. M.A. will always be special to our family because after my dad came home from ww2, he suffered from debilitating symptoms and it was M.A. who told my dad it sounded like a cancer--this is after my father had seen various drs. As a retired nurse, this tells me that he was on top of his practice and when I think of M.A., it is with the highest regard. I believe A.J. was the same--there is something about A.J. I can no longer remember, but it is good. It sounds like your dad was named after M.A, if this is the case, that's a telling thing about these two brothers and their love for each other. well wishes in your continuing search. bettyanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions