Search for content in message boards

Richards family in Kent county

Richards family in Kent county

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2013 2:58AM GMT
Surnames: Richards, Dawson
My great, great grandfather was Joseph George Richards. I have found a marriage record for his marriage to Sarah Dawson in 1862. According to it, he was born in England in about 1845, and his parents were Joseph and Ann. I have found him living in Bothwell in 1871, 1881, 1891 census records. I would like to trace this family back further, but haven't been able to find a record of when he came to Canada or where in England he was born. Is anyone else researching the same family?

Re: Richards family in Kent county

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 6:19AM GMT
1901 census should have given his immigration year but unfortunately it says he was born Ontario.

Registration for his death is 013282. If you can get the long form it may have more information on it.

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 11:33PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I have seen an original of the death listing, but there was no further information. Today, I found a list of "Richards" graves in Blackburn cemetery and I think it's the same family, but all the list has are the names. Does anyone know if a transcript of the headstones exists, and if so where I might find it?

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 12:27PM GMT
Hi satch42179, Can you explain what you mean by the "long form". I thought that the handwritten list that I saw was all there would be. Would there be a form for each individual as well? Can you tell me how to go about finding it? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm still learning....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic